• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just rescued 7 rabbits - update 28 Jan p42

Just want to echo everyonelses thoughts you are amazing :thumb:. What lucky buns that you stumbled across them, people like you are just great.

Just a quick update... the seven rescue buns are doing well as are the seven babies. The babies are now running around the cage although they are still a little unsteady on their feet - they all look like their legs are too long for them :lol:

Halo's eye is dry and she can definitely see out of it. Mammy bun's eyes are looking good too, they are both dry and so signs of weeping etc. The little snuffly bun is still snuffly and we have had him off hay since the 2nd Jan. he has also finished his second course of Septrin, he is less chesty but still sneezey.

Holly Otter and Pringle are getting on well through the bars of the cages but are not allowed to meet for fear of more babies - he is definitely the daddy of the babies, one is an exact copy of him!

Seren whose partner was killed by the cats has settled in well and has taken a keen interest in our lovely Rhinelander - Thumper. Thumper isn't sure he wants her attention, he is a Mammy's boy :love::love:

Lastly the little girl who had the long pregnancy or so it seems and whose baby was stillborn is doing well. She is eating well, bouncing around happily and being her general floppy bun self.

I'm booking more vaccinations for this week and two girls in for speying for later in the month.

Like for so many on RU it's hard finding time to look after all these buns when I work full time and again like for many others money is tight so we will have to do things slowly but they are all safe, fed, warm and I would like to think happy and I love them all.... :oops::oops:

You've done such a fantastic job, and thank goodness you went there when you did. Is there any way of making a donation, or can you put a wish list up so that people that are able could at least buy some of the things you are needing, even if it is hay, bags of feed, bowls, that kind of thing. Would be great if people on here could at least get the things you need. Just think if everyone bought one item, what a help that would be to you.

Just been reading this - that is a wonderful idea!

Just want you to know I would like to send a donation if and when you decide. It was so fortunate you stumbled across this setup and was willing to rescue these buns, I have seen similar setups! It is a big commitment but you will cope because your heart is in the right place. I have around 80 rabbits but I am retired so have more time. The biggest problem is the weather at the mo, my "garden" is a bog now. No buns can come out and more rain forecast. I am sure lots of us would be willing to send something to help out. Don't be afraid to ask and don't try rushing things. I have learnt (I think) with rabbits to take your time and just love them, as you do!

Back