• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just rescued 7 rabbits - update 28 Jan p42

You've done such a fantastic job, and thank goodness you went there when you did. Is there any way of making a donation, or can you put a wish list up so that people that are able could at least buy some of the things you are needing, even if it is hay, bags of feed, bowls, that kind of thing. Would be great if people on here could at least get the things you need. Just think if everyone bought one item, what a help that would be to you.

:thumb:

At the beginning of Feb I may have a spare 2 tier 4 ft indoor cage you can have. Two of my rescues are temporarily in it (with a puppy pen attached of course) but I am going for a quad bond so if that works I won't need it anymore. Keep this thread updated and I will let you know.

(PS my OH lives in Cardiff so don't worry about transport)

Last edited:
My goodness these buns have been to hell and back, thank goodness they are safe with you, I feel so sad for the little one who didn't make it :( now you have babies to cope with as well. You are a true hero and I hope someone can think of a way to raise some money for you,

Wow, those bunnies are so lucky you found them.

You are doing a wonderful job and if you do a fundraiser I would be very happy to contribute,shame youre not closer because I have at least one puppy pen you could have used.

that sounds horrendous! i hope you've made everyone aware about how bad they are :evil:

24 bunnies though :shock::shock::lol: you won't be short of choices for a cuddle! :D

Yu need to report them to the council as well as the rspca and (if you can try and tip them off anonymously) the local papers.

Read this and hubby had to stop me from getting in touch with RSPCA for a rant... :oops: I just feel like they should be doing more. Anyway, how can they say they are now your responsibility when you have done them such a huge favour by rescuing theses buns and saving other rescue spaces... If I had any spare cash, it would be yours, but I am in the process of getting vaccinations and neutering done for my buns myself so can't help which is very frustrating. :(

:cry:What a traumatic experience for you. How very very sad for the bunny that died.

How wonderful you took the wifebun and some of the others that day and managed to get the rest. I really hope something can be done about these people. Horrendous.

Hope everything goes well for the babies.

Oh my god :shock: That's horrific :cry: Well done for saving them. Hope everyone recovers well and there are no more babies! xx

Those poor animals :( you are an amazing person I wish I could hug you!!! Best of luck with the babies and will keep reading to see if you set something up for donations xx

You've done such a fantastic job, and thank goodness you went there when you did. Is there any way of making a donation, or can you put a wish list up so that people that are able could at least buy some of the things you are needing, even if it is hay, bags of feed, bowls, that kind of thing. Would be great if people on here could at least get the things you need. Just think if everyone bought one item, what a help that would be to you.

Thank you for this ^

I know money is tight for all of us. Perhaps once I know the extent of the costs etc I'll have a think about finding a way people could donate etc although I am not expecting that, right now I am just so grateful for the reassurance. I just plan to plod through the bills at present - vaccinations first (along with any ongoing medication as these buns get back on track healthwise), speying for the girls then neutering for the boys. I can manage the food bill and have got myself pretty much sorted with bedding hay but could do with sorting out a more economical way of buying the separate eating hay. Then I just need to get in to a routine of buying much more fresh stuff! I am used to buying it frequently but not in such bulk! Also three of the buns are on the muesli type food not pellets - this includes the new mother, another girl who has been nest building and the poorly snuffly boy so now is not the time to change their food over to pellets.

My husband has been wonderful and keeps telling me not to worry whenever I get upset about the situation. I am just frightened for the buns and still so very very upset by what I saw.

On a positive note, Halo the little girl with the eye injury is doing so well, I am sure that the 'scar' which looks like a white blob on her eye is getting smaller. It may only be a small thing to some people especially after having the set back of 7 additional bunnies born yesterday but it is a victory!!

I have PM'd some people individually, thank you all for your interest and reassurance. I have never had baby buns before so I am sure I will be back asking for advice. Alice too at Windwhistle is still offering her support - she is amazing - I am trying however to deal with as much as I can myself as I know she is inundated as are so many other rescues.

I'll try to get photos of the adult buns up soon and the mother and babies later when the babies are older and Mammy is happy to pose!

Ruth:wave:

Thank you for this ^

I know money is tight for all of us. Perhaps once I know the extent of the costs etc I'll have a think about finding a way people could donate etc although I am not expecting that, right now I am just so grateful for the reassurance. I just plan to plod through the bills at present - vaccinations first (along with any ongoing medication as these buns get back on track healthwise), speying for the girls then neutering for the boys. I can manage the food bill and have got myself pretty much sorted with bedding hay but could do with sorting out a more economical way of buying the separate eating hay. Then I just need to get in to a routine of buying much more fresh stuff! I am used to buying it frequently but not in such bulk! Also three of the buns are on the muesli type food not pellets - this includes the new mother, another girl who has been nest building and the poorly snuffly boy so now is not the time to change their food over to pellets.

My husband has been wonderful and keeps telling me not to worry whenever I get upset about the situation. I am just frightened for the buns and still so very very upset by what I saw.

On a positive note, Halo the little girl with the eye injury is doing so well, I am sure that the 'scar' which looks like a white blob on her eye is getting smaller. It may only be a small thing to some people especially after having the set back of 7 additional bunnies born yesterday but it is a victory!!

I have PM'd some people individually, thank you all for your interest and reassurance. I have never had baby buns before so I am sure I will be back asking for advice. Alice too at Windwhistle is still offering her support - she is amazing - I am trying however to deal with as much as I can myself as I know she is inundated as are so many other rescues.

I'll try to get photos of the adult buns up soon and the mother and babies later when the babies are older and Mammy is happy to pose!

Ruth:wave:

That's just brilliant to hear that you have such a supportive husband as well. It would be good if you can sort something whereby people could make donations, as you have got so much expense coming up and doesn't seem fair you have to carry it all yourself. I would be happy to make a donation, and purchase items that you will be needing, so I will keep checking on this post to see what you have sorted.

Oh my gosh! How could they call themselves a rescue? :censored: Makes me sick especially when you think about how brilliant the rescues on RU are then these awful people claim to be doing the same.

Well done on rescuing them all, they are in the best hands now. :love:

Well, no more babies to date - phew!! Only a couple of days to go before we get past the gestation period time. I collected all the rabbits between Saturday 15th and Monday 17th December so if they had had a 'liaiason' or two if I add the 30 / 31 days gestation on to those dates there's only 3 days or so to go until we are passed the date - someone please tell me that I've got that right!!! :shock:

We've seen the babies today, they all look OK - there are definitely 7 of them and they were all moving in their nest, we didn't touch any of them - there was no need as we could see they were all fine. I am still very worried about getting homes for them all - it's a massive responsibility isn't it? :?

Didn't manage to get a vet appt today for vaccinations, hope to get three done by the end of the week.

The one little girl Seren whose's partner was killed by the cats, seems to have fallen in love with our own big Rhinelander Thumper - the trouble is he is three times the size of her! What are your thoughts RU - could I bond a big boy bun with a considerably smaller girl? All ideas welcome! :wave:

Back