• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just picked up a rabbit in a terrible.. *Happy Update*

Thanks for all the well wishes, just been doing my med rounds and she seems a lot more settled and while I was watching her she managed to reach down and eat her cecals :love: :thumb: this feels like a massive achievement considering she did not want to get down there earlier! Her poops are small but golden (her first ones were very black :( ) and she's digging up, making herself right at home :roll:

I am calling her Honey :love:

Well done for rescuing her :)shes going to have a happy life now :) was she in the dorset area by any chance? I look on my local ads and the amount of bunnies on there break my heart :(

Sent from my GT-I9505

Aww...what a beauty! :) She reminds me of Graham's Ginger...what a sweet face!
Can't believe the state those nails were in, wow! :shock:
She's landed on her feet with you. :D Well done for taking her in! :thumb:

Well done for rescuing her :)shes going to have a happy life now :) was she in the dorset area by any chance? I look on my local ads and the amount of bunnies on there break my heart :(

Sent from my GT-I9505

No, South London :( it really is heartbreaking :cry: there is one I've seen where there is a male and female, both 5 months old, being kept TOGETHER in one of those small narrow 4ft g pig hutches :cry: i'm assuming the doe must be preggo by now :cry:

He took ages getting back to me and I really can't keep them forever esp if there are babies, but figured if I can get them separated then maybe my local rescue centre can take them in and I can hold onto them until they have space or something :(

No, South London :( it really is heartbreaking :cry: there is one I've seen where there is a male and female, both 5 months old, being kept TOGETHER in one of those small narrow 4ft g pig hutches :cry: i'm assuming the doe must be preggo by now :cry:

He took ages getting back to me and I really can't keep them forever esp if there are babies, but figured if I can get them separated then maybe my local rescue centre can take them in and I can hold onto them until they have space or something :(

Oh Lord! WHY do people still do this? They must know what will happen??
Okay, need to make myself a cuppa or I'm going to lose it. :evil:

Thank you for trying to help these bunnies. I wish I had the funds and room to do what you do. ((((((Hugs)))) xxxx

Oh Lord! WHY do people still do this? They must know what will happen??
Okay, need to make myself a cuppa or I'm going to lose it. :evil:

Thank you for trying to help these bunnies. I wish I had the funds and room to do what you do. ((((((Hugs)))) xxxx

I know, I have to try and control myself but I get so angry and upset. If she is pregnant she will have her kits in the freezing cold and it's just NOT FAIR :cry: Why do people treat bunnies so badly? :cry: should be collecting them tomorrow evening and sooner the better.. they had no bedding in the hutch, only woodshavings and zero hay :( :evil:

And thanks :) tbh I am pushing the limit of what I can take but least I can stop them having endless litters and hopefully get them into rescue or rehome them to lovely people :) xx

Thought i'd do an update on Honey for today :)

She has REALLY perked up and is nomming hay :love: She is lonely though.. she does eat when i'm not with her but when I sit with her she munches away and stuffs her face with hay. Luckily i'm home so can stay with her a fair bit, but if she gets past a couple weeks in good health then I think I will attempt to bond her with Ollie.

Annnnd... she is such a cuddle monster :love: I had no intention of falling in love with her but :love: she comes hopping over when she hears my voice and will sit for ages if I stroke her ears or give her noserubs :love:

Some pics from today:

What a lovely thread :love::love:
Hope things work out and she and Ollie are a match made in heaven (which is where she thinks she is already by the looks of things).
Again and again these buns from bad situations of neglect seem to have the sweetest natures.
Good luck with the young bunny pair.

I thought I'd posted to this one. I hope I didn't get the two threads mixed up. :oops:
What an adorable wee bub! :) She has such lovely coloring.
Happy bunny means all is right with the world! :D xxxx

She is amazingly squishy and smooshable :love:

Makes me even more angry because she is so sweet, how could anyone be scared of her? How could anyone neglect her and live with their conscience :cry:

Back