• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had bun in, kind of bad way / she's died 8-(

Yeah that's it, she can do all normal stuff like stretch, clean her bum and back feet etc, it's just when she moves it's really like an effort for her to move her back feet, like they drag rather than move probably, when she jumped into her litter tray she toppled in rather than jumped in.

:D Just saw her pic shes really lovely tree, are you re-homing her later? Despite her probs she seems really pleased with her new home.Deb.:D

Thanks guys :D

Hopefully she will be rehomed if her problems can be sorted out, if not she will stay as a resident or be fostered, so I can pay for her care, but she will have the best :D

:D All i can say is shes a really lucky bun, i take my hat off to you Tree, i still havent met you yet but your a gem.Deb.:D

have you use your dremel tool and sand down all her nails? If she can't have the use of rough surface that would explain all the over grow nails

Awwww Thanks Sarah :D

Jason, I I just cut her nail with some trimmers, Bryn held her for me so it wasn't so bad.

Yeah that's it, she can do all normal stuff like stretch, clean her bum and back feet etc, it's just when she moves it's really like an effort for her to move her back feet, like they drag rather than move probably, when she jumped into her litter tray she toppled in rather than jumped in.

She sounds a bit like Poppy (One of the 7 dumped in a box), before she went to Chloe we don't know what happened to her or how she was kept, other than badly she had really overgrown claws and was underweight, she gained weight at Chloe's and got plenty of exercise and TLC, she continued to put weight on when we brought her home we had her checked at the vet when she had her VHD jab he said she didn't have as much muscle as Charlie- albeit she'd developed a full tummy by this time and had been looked after brilliantly at Chloes, it takes a while to build it up onto the back etc and since then we've noticed how she has improved even more, she was so unsure of jumping and it was only really after watching Charlie jump up onto things for a month or two that she copied him but she still won't go as high as he will, she binkies occassionally but they are small ones and even has the odd mad run around although she is much more laid back than her nutter of a husbun. She can't move very well on the laminate floor either she just slides around, whereas he uses his back and his hind legs to move around on it. She does have shorter legs but her movement is definitely different to charlie's she does smaller hops and at first had a little bit of a shuffle.

I suspect she was kept in a small cage/hutch with little room to move, she definitely didn't have the same springiness as Charlie who was 10weeks old when we got him and has had loads of room to charge around since that time.

aww just caught this thread poor bunny, im so pleased she is with you Tree where she will get the best care.
Sallyx

OMG she is GORGEOUS! I do love a chinny lop.

Must resist the cute bunny.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Little Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn omg it is a girl what do I do :cry::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: she is pretty :love:

I am waiting for my vet to call me so we can have a chat about her.

It would be great to see you :D

Right she's booked in for tomorrow for a day at the vets, her eyes were a lot worse this morning so I think she had them cleaned before she came to me :?. They're going to see about her back, she will be having a neuter as long as she passes the medical, her teeth to be done and if they think there is something going on with her spine have an x ray too. I might as well get it all done under the same GA.

Back