• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had bun in, kind of bad way / she's died 8-(

Only caught up with this thread and im so gutted. Poor baby :cry:

At the same time i don't think she could of gone to a better person

x x x x

There is something that I wish I have said earlier, but I learned that just recently myself, is that it is an illusion for anyone of us, myself included, to believe w/ all the health care decision made by a vet daily, that there is no mistake day in, day out.

At one time, I had thought that w/ a very experienced vet who specialize in rabbits, all decision made by him must be correct. But w/ human, we made human mistake. Somewhere down the road, there will be a wrong call made by the vet.

I have blamed myself and 1 of my vets for those wrong decisions when my buns passed away in the past years. Looking back, I was being delusional. It's impossible for a vet not to make wrong calls in his or her judgment during the years of their career.

So I should have wrote the above instead of what I said earlier in the previous page.

I'm so sorry Joey passed away.

So sorry to hear this Tree.

It's strange that so many times, neglected buns reach a place where they are getting proper treatment, are warm and clean and well fed, and then just die. My view is that they have been hanging on to see whether there is a better way of living, and when they do it's like their work is done and they can move on over the bridge.

Joey had finally found somewhere safe where she was being treated properly, and her last few days with you were very happy.

Binky free Joey x

Back