• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just called to see how baby-bun was ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
sazzy said:
sgprescue said:
fifi0529 said:
SOAD said:
Ok, so we can't even convert ourselves to go to rescues, how on earth are we going to educate anyone else. Everyone keeps on how bad pets at home are, but you keep ringing their tills. I think this is so sad :cry: :cry: :cry:

i'm sure becky will be so pleased to read this after she has been out her mind with worry about this bun. as she said she is probably just missing out the rescue stage.

If everyone thought like that no-one would bother going to a rescue atall :roll:

I'm sure becki will be really pleased to read this after everything she has been through lately :roll: :roll: :roll:
My thoughts entirely :?

sgprescue said:
fifi0529 said:
SOAD said:
Ok, so we can't even convert ourselves to go to rescues, how on earth are we going to educate anyone else. Everyone keeps on how bad pets at home are, but you keep ringing their tills. I think this is so sad :cry: :cry: :cry:

i'm sure becky will be so pleased to read this after she has been out her mind with worry about this bun. as she said she is probably just missing out the rescue stage.

If everyone thought like that no-one would bother going to a rescue atall :roll:

i'm not thinking like that at all. i have so much respect for what rescues do. i just think slagging someone off for getting a bunny from a pet shop is a bit petty. considering becky has rescued before and fosters its obvious she loves rabbits so much and wants to give them the best life possible. I think considering that the bun she hopefully gets was ill, then in a fire and was lucky to survive she will give it that sort of home, the home it deserves. becky has been so worried and i think slating her for not going to a rescue is silly since a rabbit will have a wonderful life at the end of it anyway.

fi x

What has she been through that we all haven't lately :roll: . I thought we were suppose to be helping the bun problem not contributing to it, I had Ozzy put to sleep the same time Tilly went, does that mean I get to rush to pets at home to get my baby bunny too?

SOAD said:
Becki is not the only person with problems, it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your morals :roll:

yeah wanting to give a rabbit with a bad start in life a good home is shocking :roll:

SOAD said:
Becki is not the only person with problems, it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your morals :roll:

That maybe but it is up to becki were she gets a bunny from she has felt a special bond with this baby bunny from the start i personally think what she is doing is the right thing

I dont think people are being nasty to Becki its just that this isn't a rescue case as me getting Bambi and Little Man wasn't either thats all :)

It's a shame that the bun is ill, but everyone who buys from P@H seems to have an excuse as to why they got their bun from there. :( Rescues don't stand a chance.

It's not Rescuing -it's PURCHASING.

(just to add - I did get a bun from there :roll: - BEFORE I heard of Rescues)

Angie65 said:
It's a shame that the bun is ill, but everyone who buys from P@H seems to have an excuse as to why they got their bun from there. :( Rescues don't stand a chance.

It's not Rescuing -it's PURCHASING.

(just to add - I did get a bun from there :roll: - BEFORE I heard of Rescues)

maybe she just wants to give this bunny a good home :)

fi x

So this baby bunny doesn't deserve a good life just cause he's from p@h. If becki don't get him whats to say that he's not going to end up in a rescue anyway when someone gets bored of him or worse just left in a small hutch at the bottom of the garden being ignored surely he is better off with becki

I'm not being nasty to Becki either, just makes me sad that it's the subject (pets at home) that everyone joins in and slates, but we buy from there. It makes me feel sad that's all, how can we ever slate anyone for doing this, or them for selling them. I'm not perfect either I've had Beatrix from a petshop and Kovu was a bunny off Bexy's, but you only have to read in rabbit welfare and everyone is slating pets at home and here everyone is cheering someone to the tills, it doesn't make sense. :( I would only rescue now I know the true extent of the bunny problem :cry:

sazzy said:
So this baby bunny doesn't deserve a good life just cause he's from p@h. If becki don't get him whats to say that he's not going to end up in a rescue anyway when someone gets bored of him or worse just left in a small hutch at the bottom of the garden being ignored surely he is better off with becki

In the mean time it will give p&h an excuse to breed more, it's supply and demand and there will be more sitting in rescues.

SOAD said:
I'm not being nasty to Becki either, just makes me sad that it's the subject (pets at home) that everyone joins in and slates, but we buy from there. It makes me feel sad that's all, how can we ever slate anyone for doing this, or them for selling them. I'm not perfect either I've had Beatrix from a petshop and Kovu was a bunny off Bexy's, but you only have to read in rabbit welfare and everyone is slating pets at home and here everyone is cheering someone to the tills, it doesn't make sense. :( I would only rescue now I know the true extent of the bunny problem :cry:

:thumb:

This little bunny has been through such a lot in its short little life :(
Becki will give it the best home ever :D
Whether the bunny is from a rescue or P@H its going to a wonderful home :D

There are always going to be bunnies in rescues unfortunaly.
But i still think becki is doing the right thing in getting this bunny

Well personally I couldn't stand and see an obviously ill animal in a pet shop and just leave it there. Maybe I'm a horrible person but unfortunately I don't have a will of steel. I don't think Becki deserves any criticism. And supply and demand is a bit more complicated than one person buying a rabbit from a pet shop.

Inimical Me said:
Well personally I couldn't stand and see an obviously ill animal in a pet shop and just leave it there. Maybe I'm a horrible person but unfortunately I don't have a will of steel.

I'd report them to help prevent it happening again.

Inimical Me said:
Well personally I couldn't stand and see an obviously ill animal in a pet shop and just leave it there. Maybe I'm a horrible person but unfortunately I don't have a will of steel.

I couldn't either weather a animal is from a petshop or a rescue they all still deserve to be loved and looked after and have the best life possible

Angie65 said:
Inimical Me said:

I'd report them to help prevent it happening again.

Me too at the moment as I have no space etc, but how many times has everyone complained... but there they are, still selling... buying certainly doesn't help the problem obviously, but at the same time I don't think people who do buy from pet shops are the devil incarnate.

of course becki will give this bun a good home nobody is disputing that - its just not a rescue case there are many ill buns needing homes in rescue too :D

i know this bun will have a fab home as does everyone else thats not the issue :)

sazzy said:
So this baby bunny doesn't deserve a good life just cause he's from p@h.

i agree, becky getting a bun from a rescue isn't going to solve the rescue problem unfortunately. all bunnies deserve a good life regardless of where they come from and a pet shop bun should not be deemed less deserving, its not its fault is was put in a shop.

sazzy said:
If becki don't get him whats to say that he's not going to end up in a rescue anyway when someone gets bored of him or worse just left in a small hutch at the bottom of the garden being ignored surely he is better off with becki

this is what i tried to say earlier on but not very well :oops:

fi x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back