• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping Rabbits

theres several members on here who are probably attending.is that ravens hare at beginning?havent watched video.laptop wont let me for some reason:roll:

The hutches that woman has her rabbits in are awful looking. It's a shame the BBC couldn't have picked someone who keeps their rabbits properly to feature in the video.

The hutches that woman has her rabbits in are awful looking. It's a shame the BBC couldn't have picked someone who keeps their rabbits properly to feature in the video.

they should have come to me and seen the shed or big run where my bunnies would have been :love: Just have to hope no one notices the hutches. But I know Maureen (in the video) and she really loves her rabbits, especially Smudge :love: They come out for exercise everyday and exercise is mainly what the video showed. :)

I not against it as long as the buns doing it are happy and not mistreated if won't jump.

Just as we all know there are people out there who will go out and buy buns just for this and won't look after or consider and treat the buns how they deserve to be treated:cry:

Not everyone is like us guys on here:cry:

I not against it as long as the buns doing it are happy and not mistreated if won't jump.

Just as we all know there are people out there who will go out and buy buns just for this and won't look after or consider and treat the buns how they deserve to be treated:cry:

Not everyone is like us guys on here:cry:

No buns were mistreated, all their owners love them loads. :love: I too hope it doesn't mean impulse buying but I hope that it has shown that buns need exercise. :)

Maureen is a very good friend of mine (And a few others on the forum).

I'm sure if had seen these jump you would see they clearly love doing it. There was a swedish rabbit today that just sprang over all the jumps (and the jumps weren't even in a straight line) and jumped up into the owners arms at the end :love: Their rabbits aren't trained to go over jumps so they get a treat at the end, but they do it anyway.

A stressed rabbit will not jump

wish i could of gone but not aloud travel far :evil: managed watch video and cant believe how willingly high the swedish buns jump :shock: like a ping pong ball.and no its not ravens hare :oops:

Maureen is a very good friend of mine (And a few others on the forum).

I'm sure if had seen these jump you would see they clearly love doing it. There was a swedish rabbit today that just sprang over all the jumps (and the jumps weren't even in a straight line) and jumped up into the owners arms at the end :love: Their rabbits aren't trained to go over jumps so they get a treat at the end, but they do it anyway.

A stressed rabbit will not jump

Yeah that was so sweet :love: Showed how much the bunny loved their owner.

Also, I must add that the commentator person was saying that the buns are specially trained and don't try it at home with just any rabbit (because obviously not all will enjoy jumping) and he was giving links to websites on rabbit welfare. :)

The show was actually better than I imagined it to be, there were rescues and WRAF there and lots of info on how to care for bunnies. :love: Also, big hutches and runs for sale and people were wearing "a hutch is not enough" T-shirts :D

Last edited:
Yeah like Emma said at the show itself someone from burgess announced over the microphone 'don't try it at home'

Its very hard to train a rabbit to jump, you have to pick one thats really willing and it's not a really competitive thing anyway, I can't imagine anyone buying a rabbit just to jump with :?

No buns were mistreated, all their owners love them loads. :love: I too hope it doesn't mean impulse buying but I hope that it has shown that buns need exercise. :)

Just to clarify I'm not saying that they are or maybe mistreated as this event or any event you go to or other event that takes place. i not being specific.

Just saying you just never know what goes on behind closed doors which might happen with people who may go out on a whim and just have buns for this purpose.

I know a bun won't do anything it doesn't want to do as I have bun babies to:love:

Just saying it a worry about anyone who may be prompted to want to get buns specifically for this and is not interested in the buns welfare:cry:

Anyone got piccies or vids of their fluffy jumpy buns in action:D

The most Polo jumps is up on my bed or over his tunnel when he can't move it when its in his way:)

they should have come to me and seen the shed or big run where my bunnies would have been :love: Just have to hope no one notices the hutches. But I know Maureen (in the video) and she really loves her rabbits, especially Smudge :love: They come out for exercise everyday and exercise is mainly what the video showed. :)

Smudge was gorgeous:D It was funny when camera was in close up on him to jump he was like no I don't fancy it right now and then when camera was at a wide angle he flew over the jumps:lol::lol::lol:

Just to clarify I'm not saying that they are or maybe mistreated as this event or any event you go to or other event that takes place. i not being specific.

Just saying you just never know what goes on behind closed doors which might happen with people who may go out on a whim and just have buns for this purpose.

I know a bun won't do anything it doesn't want to do as I have bun babies to:love:

Just saying it a worry about anyone who may be prompted to want to get buns specifically for this and is not interested in the buns welfare:cry:

Anyone got piccies or vids of their fluffy jumpy buns in action:D

The most Polo jumps is up on my bed or over his tunnel when he can't move it when its in his way:)

Yep I knew what you meant, just said that so that other people understood. :) I should have pics soon when the photographer emails me them. :love: Sounds like Polo would enjoy jumping :lol: but you never know until you try it. :)

There was also rabbit agility at the show and the 2 buns in that clearly loved it, shooting through tunnels, jumping through hoops and getting rewarded with veg. :love:

Cruel, poor bunnies :cry::cry::cry::cry:, just another way to exploit animals for so called entertainment :roll:

Smudge was gorgeous:D It was funny when camera was in close up on him to jump he was like no I don't fancy it right now and then when camera was at a wide angle he flew over the jumps:lol::lol::lol:

yep, Smudge is lovely, ever so friendly and Maureen loves him to bits. :love: She tries to do all the best for her buns and Smudge is neutered. :thumb:

Cruel, poor bunnies :cry::cry::cry::cry:, just another way to exploit animals for so called entertainment :roll:

It can be cruel but not always, depends who is the owner of the bunny and whether the rabbit enjoys it or not. Have you seen my rabbit binky over hurdles in the garden on his own free will? ;) He loves it. :love:

I disagree with exploiting animals for entertainment, but jumping isn't that. It's showing that buns need exercise and that they enjoy it. :)

Yep I knew what you meant, just said that so that other people understood. :) I should have pics soon when the photographer emails me them. :love: Sounds like Polo would enjoy jumping :lol: but you never know until you try it. :)

:lol::lol: ok just wanted to make sure:D

Hmm Polo only jumps when in mischief mode. He jumps on the bed at the moment for one reason only and that is to pee. He been banned as started to pee on bed again after so many months of him not doing to and just laying on bed and being cuddles to sleep. Then bang he starts again so now he banned so the game now begins of jumping up onto bed and running around with me shooing him off. till he gives up and pees in litter tray in corner of bedroom:roll:

If I put a jump in front of him he would just nudge it over and start throwing it around.

Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue got some buns that love to jump whilst they having their play time in garden. She has little jumps in one of the big pen in the garden for those that want to play with them. It's so funny watching them:D

Last edited:
:lol::lol: ok just wanted to make sure:D

Hmm Polo only jumps when in mischief mode. He jumps on the bed at the moment for one reason only and that is to pee. He been banned as started to pee on bed again after so many months of him not doing to and just laying on bed and being cuddles to sleep. Then bang he starts again so now he banned so the game now begins of jumping up onto bed and running around with me shooing him off. till he gives up and pees in litter tray in corner of bedroom:roll:

If I put a jump in front of him he would just nudge it over and start throwing it around.

Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue got some buns that love to jump. She has little jumps in the big pen in the garden for them to play with. It's so funny watching them:D

awww :love: For those saying it's cruel, it's not, why else would some rescues and RWAF be doing it or agreeing with it? :) They love buns and want the best for them just like I do, so wouldn't try harm them in any way. If they enjoy it then why not let them? :wave:

It can be cruel but not always, depends who is the owner of the bunny and whether the rabbit enjoys it or not. Have you seen my rabbit binky over hurdles in the garden on his own free will? ;) He loves it. :love:

I disagree with exploiting animals for entertainment, but jumping isn't that. It's showing that buns need exercise and that they enjoy it. :)

Then why not just allow them to do it in your garden? The reason the rabbits are competing is that the owners want them to. The rabbits haven't chosen to be driven there, and to jump in some competition.

Then why not just allow them to do it in your garden? The reason the rabbits are competing is that the owners want them to. The rabbits haven't chosen to be driven there, and to jump in some competition.

It was a display, not a competition and the reason they went is to promote rabbits getting exercise as so many spend their lives crammed in hutches. :cry:

Back