• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Josie Really Needs Vibes Please UD p57 All Good!

Thanks guys :wave:

It's so great to have her home! :D We've had loads more normal looking poops, they're just a bit sticky now. She's been enjoying some head rubs and hopping about a bit. :D

I've got some pics of her showing off her new ears, I'll upload them soon... :D

Josie showing off her new ears!

Josie50b.jpg

Josie53b.jpg

Nomming some hay...

Josie61b.jpg

Searching for a tasty bit...

Josie65b.jpg

Josie's pen...

Josie73b.jpg

Nomming some pellets...

Josie74b.jpg

Josie78b.jpg

Josie80b.jpg

Josie looking adorable...

Josie81b.jpg

Josie82b.jpg

Josie says thank you for all the vibes xx

Josie is much brighter today. She's loving her new toys! I got her some willow balls and a hay tunnel. I also got her some treat hays and hay cookies since she's on a strict hay and pellet diet! :D

She's just done a big wee on the lino though, and it's very cloudy. :( I thought cloudy urine was a sign of too much calcium, but how can that be on a hay and pellet only diet?

She has an appointment with the vet in the morning, but does anyone know what could cause such cloudy urine?

Josie is much brighter today. She's loving her new toys! I got her some willow balls and a hay tunnel. I also got her some treat hays and hay cookies since she's on a strict hay and pellet diet! :D

She's just done a big wee on the lino though, and it's very cloudy. :( I thought cloudy urine was a sign of too much calcium, but how can that be on a hay and pellet only diet?

She has an appointment with the vet in the morning, but does anyone know what could cause such cloudy urine?

Cloudy urine can be perfectly normal. As long as it does not feel gritty it is probably fine :)

http://www.greendale.co.uk/rabbit_urinalysis.html

Josie had a check up at the vet yesterday, and she's doing great! :D

She lost some weight while she was poorly, but she's back up to her starting weight now. Still a long way to go until she's a healthy weight though!

She's much more lively now and her poops are perfect! She loves Fibreplex, which makes my job easier! The vet said she can start having new foods from Monday, but I'm a bit scared. Think I might start with some grass, hawthorn and brambles. I don't think I'll ever risk any veg known to cause gas. :(

But just as one goes up, another goes down. Foster bun Sophie stopped eating yesterday. I took her to the vet who said it was gas and prescribed Metacam. She said Infacol or gripe water would also be a good idea.

So I stopped at the chemist for some Infacol, and got some cocodemol for myself. The chemist looks over and says something about the risk of taking cocodemol while breast feeding. I think my face looked a bit like this :shock:! I had to explain it was for a rabbit! So funny! The very idea of me breast feeding! *Shudders* :lol:

Anyway, it did the trick and Sophie was eating again within a couple of hours. All buns are currently in good health! I hope it can stay that way for a while! :D

Back