• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Josie Really Needs Vibes Please UD p57 All Good!

I wonder if giving her some Cholestyramine (Questran) may be useful. It can help to bind up the enterotoxins

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/questran.html

And maybe giving Metronidazole, an abx active against the 'bad' bacteria (clostridia) that cause enterotoxemia.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...age&q=rabbit metronidazole clostridia&f=false

IMO fluid therapy will remain an essential part of treatment whilst Josie is passing diarrhoea.

Sending more vibes for her xx

Thank you :wave:

I've made a note of those drugs and I'll mention them to the vet. I'm not familiar with Questran, but I've heard of Metronidazole. That's the one you can't drink alcohol with isn't it? (In humans I mean! Josie doesn't have a drink problem! :lol:)

Oh Helen... Ive only just seen this
Poor Josie:(
Hope its better news when you speak to the vet later
Lots of vibes from me

Thanks guys.

Josie hasn't improved much today. The vet wants to keep her in another night, and Gwen has agreed.

I feel so sorry for her. :cry: She's been dumped (probably), lived as a stray, taken to vet for a couple of days, lived here for 3 days, and now at the vet for 2 nights. And god knows what her home was like before she was dumped. :cry:

She must be so confused. :cry: She really deserves a happy home all of her own.

And I shouldn't have given her any veg. It was stupid. I was just so worried about her being underweight. I put her straight on the same diet as my buns, without considering how it would affect her. Very stupid. :(

Thanks guys.

Josie hasn't improved much today. The vet wants to keep her in another night, and Gwen has agreed.

I feel so sorry for her. :cry: She's been dumped (probably), lived as a stray, taken to vet for a couple of days, lived here for 3 days, and now at the vet for 2 nights. And god knows what her home was like before she was dumped. :cry:

She must be so confused. :cry: She really deserves a happy home all of her own.

And I shouldn't have given her any veg. It was stupid. I was just so worried about her being underweight. I put her straight on the same diet as my buns, without considering how it would affect her. Very stupid. :(

Do you know what meds she is on ?

Do you know what meds she is on ?

Oh :censored:!!! I forgot to ask. When she called I was in the car, lost, with the stupid sat-nav chattering away at me and I couldn't figure out how to turn the damn thing off! (I wasn't the driver!)

Josie's under the care of Jo, the rabbit vet though. When I rushed to the vet yesterday morning I took the risk of driving to the rabbit vet which is a further 20min away than my local vet. I'll have to trust her judgement for now and ask about those drugs in the morning.

I'm an idiot. :(

you're not an idiot!!! josie is getting the care that they deem appropriate. you can ring them tomorrow when your head's a bit clearer to find out the details xx

I am so sorry to read this poor bun. It is amazing how worried you can be about rabbits who you have only just gotten to know. I hope you have better news tomorrow.

Josie's home! :D

She's doing a little better today. No more diarrhoea! :D Her poops are still misshapen, but solid. She's eating hay and pellets on her own too. She's still very weak, but she's had a few hops around her pen.

And her ear has lopped! :shock: From the drip. I didn't know that could happen! :oops: The vet said it's 50/50 whether it'll ever go back up. She looks extra cute now! :love:

We're not out of the woods yet, but it's a great improvement. :D

Back