• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

John-Joe - U/D 25th April

Awww...so much like my wee Fiver. I'm glad he's doing better. 🥰

Also the girls improvement is very uplifting.

Sorry to hear Morse was ill. Ebon has a slow gut too, always been an issue since we moved here. I blame poor diet, tinned dog food or insufficient homemade and her history with things like apoquel and nexgard. It's frustrating. I hope he's feeling more himself now.

Very much hoping you can tend to yourself at last and get the rest you so desperately need. More healing vibes all round.
(((((Huge hugs)))))) xxxxx

Thanks for your support everyone. I have appreciated it very much. At the moment JJ has almost fully recovered. He is not on any meds today.

Dara is still dry and not spot weeing. She still has some bladder sludge though. It’s going to be a big challenge to manage this as she refuses to eat any fresh veg/herbs/forage apart from Cavolo Nero and Coriander. She loves all dried forages. She might it a bit of fresh grass, but much prefers hay. Despite her very dry diet she hardly drinks any water, she never has. I have tried all ‘tricks’ to encourage her to drink more. But as most people who know Nethies they are seldom out witted by a mere human.

Roisin’s respiratory symptoms are improving and she’s eating well. She is still a bit lethargic though. I have noticed her become more sedentary for a few months. Our Vet believes it’s due to her chronically compromised lung function caused by scaring from lots of previous infections.

I just hope all three Bunnies can get back to their individual ‘normals’. Having all three sick at the same time has been a challenge to say the least. Hence your supportive posts have helped me cope x

It is so nice to read all three bunnies have improved under your expert care.
I hope the positive updates on the bunnies means you can get some needed rest.

Oh, come on J.J. Please don't get sick again, sweetie. Jane needs a break. (((((((((((Healing vibes)))))))))))
Hoping C will be able to help. xxxx

Back