• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jaw abscesses and bone growth *update

Going to say I always have ceporex and sometimes oral baytrill too, depending on how bad it is.

He had oral baytril for a week last time as well as the depocillin but he's just got depocillin this time.

I think with abcsess they're one of those things where they do keep coming back, unfortunetly, I mean Zippy's got teeth problems and they're associated with that. If he gets another I think you need to swab the puss for a culture sample, before he starts the meds. I could be wrong though :oops:

no, i agree that a swab needs to be taken. I don't know what caused this abscess as they have checked his teeth a few times and said they are good :?

He's not happy at the moment. He runs away from me when he sees me and when I put him out in the run he just sits in the corner :(

no, i agree that a swab needs to be taken. I don't know what caused this abscess as they have checked his teeth a few times and said they are good :?

He's not happy at the moment. He runs away from me when he sees me and when I put him out in the run he just sits in the corner :(

Oh bless him, :cry:

Zippy starts running from me, even when I just take down her tea :lol:

Didnt the vets say anything about using the antibiotic beads to pack it???? it worked really well with Alfie which vet are you seeing?

No, I didn't think of that. How exactly is it applied?
I'm giving him one drop of metacam in the morning, the same as he was prescribed last time, do you think he needs more?

The honey is put directly into the abscess.

My Vet recomends combining an opiate analgesia with Metacam in cases of severe Dental pain - ie using either Vetergesic or Torbugesic too. She also prescribes the now considered to be 'safe' higher dose of Metacam which is up to 0.6mg/kg daily. I would def ask the Vet about more pain relief

Janex

No they didn't, I saw Emma this time.

I always see Lisa i wont see anyone else now,she was brilliant with Alfie might be worth ringing and asking to speak to her tell her i told you to ring,just say marie with George and Mildred!:lol: ask her about trying to pack it i think its quite expensive but it go rid of Alfies absess with the depocillion too

I think the abscess is getting better. He's only had two injections so far but there has been less pus coming out every day and the lump is starting to shrivel up.
He's none too impressed with getting soaked during the flushing out process, despite being wrapped up in a towel but he does seem much happier and is enjoying his time outside in the run now.
I really don't like having a poorly bunny though. I'm not sure I'd ever have anymore pet rabbits after these four :?

Back