• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jaspers Thymoma Update P81

Jasper is finally home 😀

He might be missing a lot of fur, this is the good side !

Jasper seems his usual bright self and he has been zipping about, so proud how he has came through about 8 GA, 5 Radation therpys, CT scans, biopsys, more than three weeks stay at vets and major chest surgery and lots of medication.

May have shattered my Petplan insurance and my bank account but it been worth it to see him shoot past me with a binkey within an hour of been home. I might not think that later tonight when I try to give him meds and come back scratched and bitten.

Mysty has also been amazing having to put up with all the vet stays and being there for Jasper every time he came back from all his treatments.

Jasper is finally home 😀

He might be missing a lot of fur, this is the good side !

Jasper seems his usual bright self and he has been zipping about, so proud how he has came through about 8 GA, 5 Radation therpys, CT scans, biopsys, more than three weeks stay at vets and major chest surgery and lots of medication.

May have shattered my Petplan insurance and my bank account but it been worth it to see him shoot past me with a binkey within an hour of been home. I might not think that later tonight when I try to give him meds and come back scratched and bitten.

Mysty has also been amazing having to put up with all the vet stays and being there for Jasper every time he came back from all his treatments.

Goodness what a wonderful and brave boy he is :love:

Thank you for a lovely photo of the two of them :D

A very happy update.

It's been 3 months since Jasper's post op check.

He has been to vets for a full health check and a CT Scan

Vets are thrilled with his progress and CT scan shows no re-growth of any tumor.

He is back to his very bossy self and after a very through health check which he was poked and prodded, all the time giving me you will pay for this later look, he certainly is keeping me on my toes.

Here he is doing his best guarding / relaxing pose.

Last edited:
A very happy update.

It's been 3 months since Jaspers post op check.

Vets are thrilled with his progress and CT scan shows no re-growth of any tumour.

He is back to his very bossy self and after a very through health check which he was poked and prodded, all the time giving me you will pay for this later look, he certainly is keeping me on my toes.

Wonderful news !! :D

A very happy update.

It's been 3 months since Jasper's post op check.

Vets are thrilled with his progress and CT scan shows no re-growth of any tumor.

Here he is doing his best guarding / relaxing pose.

This is wonderful news - thanks so much for posting :D

Jasper has only ever made a grunting noise in 7 years.

Since his recovery from surgery he has found his vocal cords, now he is very vocal with lots of little noises.

Mentioned to Vets who seem to think it's nothing.

I'm so pleased for you all. You've all been so very brave. Good on yah Jasper, may it continue. Sending you much love. xxxxx

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Jasper has only ever made a grunting noise in 7 years.

Since his recovery from surgery he has found his vocal cords, now he is very vocal with lots of little noises.

Mentioned to Vets who seem to think it's nothing.

Self expression - can only be a good thing :)

Jaspers Thymoma Update P73

A sad update.

After noticing small changes in Jasper behavior recently, he was admitted on Friday to vets for a CT scan. Unfortunately his tumor has returned.

After lengthy discussions with vets about another major chest surgery with all the high risk that involves then following up with another round of radiation therapy, amid the multiple General anesthetic that involves with all the stress that would put Jasper through at his age. I gave it a lot of thought of what was best for Jasper and with vets advice decided not to put him through all that again.

Jasper is still bright and full of life and will be with Mysty and me for hopefully a few more months till quality of life issues arise.

Last year he was very brave with all the extended vet visits radiation therapy and surgery and at the time i wondered if i was doing the right thing, but he bounced back and has close to another year with Mysty and me.

Here is a pic of my 2 buns and its one of my fav pics of them together.

A sad update.

After noticing small changes in Jasper behavior recently, he was admitted on Friday to vets for a CT scan. Unfortunately his tumor has returned.

After lengthy discussions with vets about another major chest surgery with all the high risk that involves then following up with another round of radiation therapy, amid the multiple General anesthetic that involves with all the stress that would put Jasper through at his age. I gave it a lot of thought of what was best for Jasper and with vets advice decided not to put him through all that again.

Jasper is still bright and full of life and will be with Mysty and me for hopefully a few more months till quality of life issues arise.

Last year he was very brave with all the extended vet visits radiation therapy and surgery and at the time i wondered if i was doing the right thing, but he bounced back and has close to another year with Mysty and me.

I am sorry to hear this recent update. For what it's worth I 100% agree with your decision not to put him through more surgery/radiotherapy. I hope that he can remain as well as possible for as long as possible xx

Oh this is so sad after he was so brave and bounced back so well from his treatment. I am so sorry and hope that he can remain comfortable and be with you and Mysty for as long as possible.

I'm so sorry :cry: I would have made the same decision too. I hope that he will remain comfortable for as long as possible

It's so sad. He's been such a brave bunny. I'm so sorry things are the way they are. Sending vibes for him to be comfortable and happy for the time he has left. You could never say you didn't do everything possible. Lots of love to you all xxxxx

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

A sad update.

I am so sorry to hear this :cry:

I agree with your decision and I would do the same in your shoes. I really hope you and Mysty can all have some lovely quality time together with him x

Back