• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive Failed :o( UPDATE post 28 :o)

Sorry to hear this. I'm in exactly the same situation and will not try again with my two. They are happy living together but separate if you know what I mean. If Wesley hadn't become poorly I would have done what you might do and match him with one outside and leave Honey inside. Good luck hope you get it sorted.

why don't you do the bonding at the backyard? that's how I do my 2 bun, and that bonding took 9 mth

9 months?!?! Jeez

I cant really put them in the back yard, as its snowing here and theyre house buns, our heat is always set at 25 degrees. I will wait until its warmer i think :)

Im going to contact my rspca mentor tomorrow and see what comes from that :) xXx

A little update! Just to let you guys know ive found someone to help me with the initial bond :) Shes very experienced i believe (She needs to be to contend with Ronnie :lol: :?) Shes coming round Thurdsay this week so fingers crossed :? xXx

A little update! Just to let you guys know ive found someone to help me with the initial bond :) Shes very experienced i believe (She needs to be to contend with Ronnie :lol: :?) Shes coming round Thurdsay this week so fingers crossed :? xXx

Good Luck - hope it all goes well! Keep us posted x x

I don't think you should give up at all with these two! Their behaviour sounds perfectly normal, and it just takes a little experience to know what to split, let them get on with it etc. Sounds a lot like my two... Teddy and Phoebe I took the slow approach with, they initally sat next to each and weren't bothered by each other, then teddy would start nipping at Phoebe's face every time she asked to be groomed by him. She would retaliate by nipping him back and then fur would start to fly! I always tried to distract them as soon as the nipping started so that it wouldn't escalate. It got worse before it got better, then all of a sudden they just clicked! Phoebe used to boss him around for a few weeks and would lunge at him if he tried to go somewhere she didn't want him to go. She would be hot on his heels!! but now they are completely loved up and are never apart....they follow each other everywhere!!! It took two months.

Were not goings to give up yet :D Dawn will try on Thursday, shes bonded lots of bunnies :)

I think its harder because Ronnie is my 'baby' :? Hes like a dog, and he needs to become a bunny :( I guess i always knew he'd be harder to bond than any of my normal bunnies.

Dawns going to try them down the shed thursday, as its totally neutral :)

Another Update!!

Dawn came round today and met my babies!! :love: Of course, she fell in love with Ronnie.

We took them down the shed which is meant to be where they will be living. It was completely neutral, neither of them have been in there before. Its all brand new :)

Dawn let Lola out first, as i explained what had happened previously... Lola had a sniff round then we let Ronnie out :)

They completely ignored each other at first, they were too busy checking out all the new baskets/boxes/tunnels etc. They went over to each other a few times for a sniff, and all was ok :)

The main problem is Lola is wanting to be groomed by ronnie all the time, she keeps putting her head down :? Dawn said this is meaning she is the dominant one... which i didnt realise, i thought it was Ronnie being stubborn.

So after about 10 mins a fight started... Lola went over to Ronnie, asking to be groomed, Ronnie then started humping her and she turned and the fighting started :?

Dawn has advised i do 10 mins each day down the shed, and gradually increase the time :)

I would agree with Dawn.

This is similar to what happened between Homer and Katy when we tried to bond them. As soon as there were initial signs of any aggression then we separated them before anything could take place and then tried again the following day. They could see each other through wire mesh at all times though anyway. Just build it up slowly and then gradually give them a bit more space.

Good luck.

I would agree with Dawn.

This is similar to what happened between Homer and Katy when we tried to bond them. As soon as there were initial signs of any aggression then we separated them before anything could take place and then tried again the following day. They could see each other through wire mesh at all times though anyway. Just build it up slowly and then gradually give them a bit more space.

Good luck.

Its kinda hard, as theyre house bunnies, and im bonding in the shed, which is where they will eventually live :?

When i spoke to Dawn on the phone i was worried, but it seemed to work the way she did it today :) They had the whole of the 8x6 shed and spent most time seperate ends :lol:

When indoors the longe is divided mesh... and they sleep either side, sorta cuddled up together :? Theyre confusing to say at the least.

Only thing is... im dreading tomorrow as im by myself :oops:

Back