• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been terribly naughty... UPDATE Pg 3

She's adorable! Honey seems like a great name for her given her golden colour, or Pippa to please your OH and maybe get him on board for her being a house bunny.

Were the rest of the bunnies sold on at a decent price? Hope they didn't go free to a snake. At least you managed to save that little poppet.

Thank you :love: She is lovely. With the help of members of RU, we've now decided her name is Autumn, one we both agree on :lol:

I don't know what, or if, money exchanged hands between the owners and the person who took the rest of the bunnies. It's not my place to pry into financial dealings of other people. All I do know is the guy mentioned pet shop in relation to the other person (which I already suspected). He had a very thick foreign accent, so was quite difficult to understand at times.

The other bunnies were already gone when I collected Autumn - their fate is in others hands now, my only priority was/is her. Even if they were still there I still wouldn't have thought of asking, it's none of my business.

Hope they didn't go free to a snake.
As the co-owner (the other being my other half) of 17 snakes, 2 of which are plenty large enough to feed on a prey item larger than Autumn, I can assure you this just doesn't happen and is pretty much an urban myth :thumb:

So, Autumn is now... A HOUSEBUN! :D

I didn't need to wait long :lol: I asked him again yesterday if we could not please have her as a housebun. OH said yes - we will give it a go. He said if there is poo/pee everywhere then she will have to go to her hutch and run outside. I did tell him he needs to give her chance to be littertrained which he understands. I think a bad experience with an exes housebun put him off, as hers wasn't litter trained at all and insisted on peeing and pooing constantly behind kitchen door.

So, be prepared for lots of threads from me on the subject -as I've not had a housebun before. Will be making some shortly. xxx

YAY, I be housebun yaas?

About to binky, I just missed it.

So, Autumn is now... A HOUSEBUN! :D

I didn't need to wait long :lol: I asked him again yesterday if we could not please have her as a housebun. OH said yes - we will give it a go. He said if there is poo/pee everywhere then she will have to go to her hutch and run outside. I did tell him he needs to give her chance to be littertrained which he understands. I think a bad experience with an exes housebun put him off, as hers wasn't litter trained at all and insisted on peeing and pooing constantly behind kitchen door.

So, be prepared for lots of threads from me on the subject -as I've not had a housebun before. Will be making some shortly. xxx

YAY, I be housebun yaas?

About to binky, I just missed it.

:love:

She certainly blends in with your flooring :thumb::lol:

Awww she is gorgeous. I have two house bunnies and now that we've had them a year, I don't think I could go back to having outdoor ones, I'd miss them too much! Obviously different rabbits have different personalities though and some much prefer to be outside. If she's happy around you and you have a set up you're happy with then it seems like a great plan :)

I was just watching mine binky around the living room last night and saying to my OH, once you've seen that you could never take away their free range time, despite all the damage they've caused (mainly to phone chargers!!) Luckily he agreed with me :lol:

ETA: Also I meant to say, certainly nice for her to have the interaction with you if she's on her own. Might you think of bonding her in the future? (You don't have to tell the OH about the possibility of adding yet another bunny just yet lol)

Last edited:
Lovely news JB :)

Good luck with the house training.
Definitely block off any cables, behind TV's/stereo's etc, I tend to block the girls from our bedroom which has phone charger cables etc. Makes life a lot easier.

Litter training is easy (It'll get worse if she's un-neutered) but a tray with lots of hay in it. They tend to just go with that as they like to poo/pee where their hay is. My girls do leave poo's around the house (mainly under the piano & in their room) but I think these are more territorial poos. They seem to get worse when we have visitors which is a pain as it makes the house look 'dirty' / 'messy'

Thanks MM - she certainly does. She's very good at pulling out any spot of dust I've missed too, her fur is like a duster :oops: Who dusts under bookcases, anyway? :lol:

Awww she is gorgeous. I have two house bunnies and now that we've had them a year, I don't think I could go back to having outdoor ones, I'd miss them too much! Obviously different rabbits have different personalities though and some much prefer to be outside. If she's happy around you and you have a set up you're happy with then it seems like a great plan :)

I was just watching mine binky around the living room last night and saying to my OH, once you've seen that you could never take away their free range time, despite all the damage they've caused (mainly to phone chargers!!) Luckily he agreed with me :lol:

ETA: Also I meant to say, certainly nice for her to have the interaction with you if she's on her own. Might you think of bonding her in the future? (You don't have to tell the OH about the possibility of adding yet another bunny just yet lol)

The bun you see in my avatar is the bun she will be bonded with :thumb: Unfortunately, Piwi, his 'bunwife' is no longer with us (I don't wish to go into it, It's been very upsetting). This does create some problems - he is an outdoor bun, and has been for all the 8.5 years of his life. I've tried him as a house bun a few times, but he was utterly miserable and wouldn't come out of his hidey den. We think it strange as he's lovely natured and always comes up to us for fuss! Ideally though as he gets older, we would prefer him as housebun (OH suggested it) so he's not out in the elements, so we're hoping her being confident in the house will help him. If not - she was raised outdoors anyway and does enjoy it.

Lovely news JB :)

Good luck with the house training.
Definitely block off any cables, behind TV's/stereo's etc, I tend to block the girls from our bedroom which has phone charger cables etc. Makes life a lot easier.

Litter training is easy (It'll get worse if she's un-neutered) but a tray with lots of hay in it. They tend to just go with that as they like to poo/pee where their hay is. My girls do leave poo's around the house (mainly under the piano & in their room) but I think these are more territorial poos. They seem to get worse when we have visitors which is a pain as it makes the house look 'dirty' / 'messy'

Thanks, DP :wave: I guess that's where wooden flooring becomes a godsend :lol: The kitchen (which she'll have access to) is tiled too. Only the hallway and bedroom have carpet, which she'll be allowed into. The bathroom is a no go as it's tiny anyway, but we have no storage cupboards in there - so cleaning products etc are on a 3 tier shelf on the floor she'd easily get access to. The worst room is going to be the living room. We have four fish tanks, so lots of cables we'll need to bunny proof somehow. Then the computers etc. She definitely won't be left in here unsupervised until then. The only other room she won't be allowed in is the reptile room. She'll wind up my snakes no end :lol: Of course for safety reasons anyway. Bar the obvious *incase* there was ever an escapee, lots of wires in there for heating etc. We're already in the habit of NEVER leaving that door open anyway, as a precaution - it's escape proof. OH has been telling me all about his experiences with his exes housebunny, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard the story of how the bunny chewed through his headphone cables :lol: So thankfully he's made the choice to give it a go, well aware of what they can be like.

She's definitely going to be spayed, hopefully that'll make things a lot easier. But sooner she is, sooner she can bond with Micky :D

Great that she will have a companion in the future :) Good luck with it all, sounds like you have your hands full in your house!

I have a single house bun and I absolutely love her (she says after just telling her off for munching at the carpet... Again!) there's so much interaction constantly. She's adorable.

In terms of litter training i worked out where she went and stuck trays down there. I get a few stray poops here and there but she's mainly good.

Wrap up your cables, make sure you have spare phone chargers, don't leave shoes or handbags on the floor (don't ask... Sore subject!!) and make sure she had plenty of toys and jobs a good'un!! Honestly though. You'll love having her inside.

Thank you, BunnyBananas :love: She's starting pooping just outside her hide away - so going to pop a tray there and hope for the best :thumb: she hasn't braved all the rooms yet. Tends to mainly stay in the one I pop her in. Good shout about the shoes - we leave them in a nook by the front door (she'll have access to the hallway) and didn't click when she was chewing my shoes earlier for some reason (whilst my feet were still in them, I may add! :lol: ) I hang my handbags up above the shoes so well out the way. OH has a habit for dumping his work bag on the floor, maybe Autumn will teach him :thumb: :lol:

I have a single house bun and I absolutely love her (she says after just telling her off for munching at the carpet... Again!) there's so much interaction constantly. She's adorable.
In terms of litter training i worked out where she went and stuck trays down there. I get a few stray poops here and there but she's mainly good.

Wrap up your cables, make sure you have spare phone chargers, don't leave shoes or handbags on the floor (don't ask... Sore subject!!) and make sure she had plenty of toys and jobs a good'un!! Honestly though. You'll love having her inside.

Thank you, BunnyBananas :love: She's starting pooping just outside her hide away - so going to pop a tray there and hope for the best :thumb: she hasn't braved all the rooms yet. Tends to mainly stay in the one I pop her in. Good shout about the shoes - we leave them in a nook by the front door (she'll have access to the hallway) and didn't click when she was chewing my shoes earlier for some reason (whilst my feet were still in them, I may add! :lol: ) I hang my handbags up above the shoes so well out the way. OH has a habit for dumping his work bag on the floor, maybe Autumn will teach him :thumb: :lol:

Yup just pop a tray there with a sheet of newspaper and some hay in it. Whilst she's getting used to it I found that putting her poops into the tray (if she pooed on the floor) was the best method and she soon learnt to go in there.

They are lovely to have in the house though!

Be careful of books on low shelves as she might gnaw them. We got round this by leaving a book we were OK with Stakkie chewing up propped up in front of the lowest shelf and he has steadily decimated that over the past five years.

The fish tank room sounds a nightmare and it might be an idea to restrict access to that one? Bunnies don't seem to mind if certain areas are off limits. I think Stakki has forgotten that upstairs exists as for ages the stairs were barricaded as we didn't want to give him access to all the electrics up there. Now there is no barricade but he still stays downstairs!

Last edited:
Back