• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's not looking good for Lottie/UD 2nd Oct

Sounds promising. Did the vet say she could stay on the painkiller indefinitely or is it too strong?

She can stay on indefinately we have nothing to loose at this stage.

I am trying not to get my hopes up as even though she is not in pain any more her eye is still being pushed out and the pressure building , this is may cause a problem before the pain returns :(

However seeing her for the last few days I can't help but hope she will have a few more weeks :)

She's hardly eaten today, despite giving her all her favourites :cry:

She still seems lively and enjoyed some time in the garden again today. Her mouth is very full of saliva which worries me.

I will reassess her in the morning and take it from there.

Thank you everyone. I think the vibes are working as she has had 5 good days since we took her to the vets last week. We really didn't think we would be bringing her home again that day

Liz, I don't know if you ever read Daisy's story, she cam in with Nibbles. Anyway Daisy had a cataract (sp) and it was thought to be EC related, but then her eye started to bulge, so then it was thought it was glaucoma (sp?), she was due to have her eye out, but them the eye popped back in and the cataract disappeared and it turned out to be an abscess behind the eye, but the gunk in it killed her, had we of got the eye out, I am sure the problem could of been sorted.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=103734&highlight=daisy

I don't know if any of this can help you, but it's very similar. XXX

Thanks Tree that was really interesting, I'm sorry about Daisy :(

As Lottie does have really bad teeth I did question abscesses but Jen was pretty convinved they are tumours. The problem is it is affecting both eyes and when she first saw them they were protruding equally but now one is protruding more than the other and the other one has had the haemoridge, so both eyes are still affected but they are now doing different things.

I supose only and x ray will give us definate results but there is no way Lottie is going to survive a GA. Lottie also doesn't seem to tolerate any meds very well except the metacam that is really helping her at the minute. I have asked for blood tests but again Jen thought they wouldn't tell us any more as she has so many problems that will affect the results.

I do keep calling in at the vets to speak to Jen and say is there anything else I can do for her, they must be sick of me by now :lol:

I know this wont help much now but I have asked for a pm to be done on her when we do have to let her go, I asked in advance as I know I wont want to talk about it when the time comes. So it is on her notes that this is what I want doing.

After reading about Daisy I had another chat with Jen yesterday about the possibility of any further treatment for Lottie. Firstly she could not believe that Lottie was still with us.

I asked about the tumor/abscess thing, she said it is a posssibility that they could be chronic abscesses but only an MRI scan could definately tell the difference or removing her eyes to physically look, neither of which are an option. The fact that Lottie is eating quite well and is still loosing weight implies she has something sinister going on inside her.

I asked whether it was worth treating her in case they were abscesses and Jen feels that they are likely to be chronic and therefore have a very tough outer casing which is unlikely to be penetrated by antibiotics. She said if I wanted to try I could but in her opinion while Lottie is having a "good" quality of life I should just enjoy the time I have with her and carry on spoiling her rather than dosing her on strong meds that will probably do no good and probably upset her digestive system.

I am going to give it some thought, but don't want to risk giving her anything that is going to upset her tummy and stop her eating as that would be the end of her. When they came to me Lottie weighed 1.4kg and is now down to 1.2kg despite having 3 sperate meals today.

Lottie currently seems happier over the last couple of days than she has ever been, she is always pottering off somewhere around the house, she is such a funny little thing:D

I am trying to think of new foods to try her on as she is off banana at the moment and prefers broccolli, although I just have to shave the tops of the florets for her to be able to eat them.
What other fruits can I try her with she has a very sweet tooth?

Back