• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its got to that time of year :(

I think the solution will be to drag my brothers over and get them to fit mains power to my bunnies shed. My middle little brother is and electrician, but recovering from a heria op last week, so it is going to be a while. My youngest is in the navy and a rugby player, so I would think he will come in handy, esp if he brings his fit mates :)

I think the solution will be to drag my brothers over and get them to fit mains power to my bunnies shed. My middle little brother is and electrician, but recovering from a heria op last week, so it is going to be a while. My youngest is in the navy and a rugby player, so I would think he will come in handy, esp if he brings his fit mates :)

Oooh do you need any more help?? ;) (wont tell the OH!!! :lol::lol:)

I'm fortunate (well my buns are too) that we have a street lamp right outside our back garden against the fence, as our garden is quite secluded and I also have their hutch under my door lanterns, so light is not too much of an issue and my buns often play out in late evening (supervised of course) for a short time before bed, even though they're out most of the day but they seem to like the late evening :roll:

I just carry on as normal during winter. The lights from our house light up the garden a bit, and I got this sensor light from woolies that I got my brother to stick to the side of the shed :) It cost about a tenner and completely lights up the whole garden when one of them runs past it and stays lit for a few minutes

I just put a coat and wellies on to supervise, it doesn't bother me them playing in the dark :) I watch for cats and have never missed anything coming into the garden because its dark

The back door is always open while the buns are out so they run in and out of the house the whole time anyways

I feel bad because I am not spending as much time outside with Bramble at this time of the year. I hate to think of him out there on his own. I try to let him out for a while in the garden everyday. He's got lots of space, but is on his own, so I wonder if he's lonely. :(

Can you bring him into the house?

I think single buns who live outside in the winter should be getting the same amount of attention as they do when the weather is good x

I feel bad because I am not spending as much time outside with Bramble at this time of the year. I hate to think of him out there on his own. I try to let him out for a while in the garden everyday. He's got lots of space, but is on his own, so I wonder if he's lonely. :(

this is also one of my reasons for getting a rescue bun, so know what you mean...she can now snuggle up to Oscar in winter and keep each other company when weather drab

I feel so awful too! i don't get home til about 6.30 after work and poor ruby is out there in the dark pestering to come out. My garden has no outdoor lights so i can't see a thing if i put her in her run. She doesn;t seem to like being loose in the dark anyway. I have been bringing her inside most nights but some nights i haven't had chance too. Poor reggie though, he pees everywhere so he is not allowed to play in the house on the carpets til we get the plinth boards down in the kitchen under the units so he can run on the tiles. i have finally bought the boards and will make matt get the cutter so we can fit them this week. Poor Reggie baby, his playtime is restricted to hopping round the bed on 3 layers of towels! Had the day off work today so i made sure i made up to both bunnies by a long playtime each outside

I know exactly what you mean - my Lionel & Harriet are outdoor buns and I feel I'm neglecting them, even though they have each other and a large set-up etc. I think maybe we worry about it more than they do (I hope! :shock:)

Could you get Bramble a wifey?

Back