• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its been a while

lenslady

Alpha Buck
I thought it fit to use this section of the forum because it has been so long since my last visit. I am not sure if anybody would remember us. I had my lovely, Gypsy, Burberry and Bo, 2 french lops and a continental. Life has been busy and there has been lots of changes. This forum gave me the tools to cope with Bunnyhood and for that I am ever grateful.

We lost Gypsy 3 weeks ago to severe bloat, by the time the vet had called me back and arranged a visit, it was to late, she went quick. Unfortunately it was a Sunday afternoon at the time of emergency and where I live, you usually have to wait for a vet to be or arrive at the practice, needless to say, I will never use them again.

My boys are in for neutering in the morning and I am so scared for them. At 9.15am I can't get this fear out of my head that I won't see them again. I am hoping to bond them, I have my reasons for this and will explain in a later thread.

Its lovely to be back here. But looking for advice really and should I really go through with it? Very scared for them xxx

I remember you.
I'm sorry for your loss.
I hope that your boys will be fine - most are, but of course we all worry because there are some tragedies.
Neutering is better for them, isn't it?
I felt guilty about having Matthew neutered, because he was so beautiful, but he had a peaceful life with his sister. He died a few weeks ago, almost nine years old.
Its good to see you back.

Awe , hi guys :wave: I remember you both too.
My 3, well 2 now, live outside, they have 6ft hutches with attached runs, they also share their dedicated space, which is about 15ftx5ft but they have to share the day between it.
Since the loss of our beautiful girl, I have noticed the boys getting on exceptionally well. The space is still in the making as its a fairly new move, but we have dedicated this space to the buns and the end/finished product should be great for them and so much better if they bond.

I have just noticed my signature pics and my buns are treble this size now lol, such a lovely memory xxxx

Lenslady, the number of times I have thought of you :wave:

There was a thread reminiscing the other day, and I asked where you were ... and here you are :D

I remember Gyspy and I am so very sorry you lost her. That must have been so very upsetting.

I'm sending loads and loads of vibes for your boys tomorrow.

How is your photography going? xxxx

Lenslady, the number of times I have thought of you :wave:

There was a thread reminiscing the other day, and I asked where you were ... and here you are :D

I remember Gyspy and I am so very sorry you lost her. That must have been so very upsetting.

I'm sending loads and loads of vibes for your boys tomorrow.

How is your photography going? xxxx

Thank You. She was fine one minute, running around, eating and drinking as normal and then I put her to bed between 2/3am, it was late as i was working. Anyway found her in the later morning around 10ish as I had slept in and she was so ill, died within that hour of finding her. Heartbreaking and I never want to see that horrible condition again as long as I live. The boys are good, so much bigger and we have 3 piggies (cavies).
Photography is going ok. How are you? xx

Thank You. She was fine one minute, running around, eating and drinking as normal and then I put her to bed between 2/3am, it was late as i was working. Anyway found her in the later morning around 10ish as I had slept in and she was so ill, died within that hour of finding her. Heartbreaking and I never want to see that horrible condition again as long as I live. The boys are good, so much bigger and we have 3 piggies (cavies).
Photography is going ok. How are you? xx

What a shock for you :( Bloat is just so absolutely distressing :(

We are well, thank you xx Hope to see you around a bit if you have time?

Awe Thank You MightyMax. Should be around for a while because Im now going to need Bonding advice ;) xx

:wave: hello stranger :) Nice to see you return.

Such sad news about Gypsy, she was a stunner :(

Good luck with your boys ops & recovery

Hope to see more of your bunny photos soon, they were always a pleasure

:wave: hello stranger :) Nice to see you return.

Such sad news about Gypsy, she was a stunner :(

Good luck with your boys ops & recovery

Hope to see more of your bunny photos soon, they were always a pleasure

Hi there, nice to hear from you. At the moment "fingers crossed" they are doing so well ;). Will definitely get more photos for you all, very soon xx

Fab to see you, you have been remembered a few times :thumb:

Please don't leave again :lol:

Nice to see you too. I shall be here for a while now I think. Bonding advice for 3 buns now is much needed ;) I was thinking yesterday that I must do a recent photoshoot of the small fur balls but it would take hours lol! 2 current Buns, 3 piggies, and now a hamster :roll: I need to crack on with that so you can all see how my boys have grown xx

Nice to see you too. I shall be here for a while now I think. Bonding advice for 3 buns now is much needed ;) I was thinking yesterday that I must do a recent photoshoot of the small fur balls but it would take hours lol! 2 current Buns, 3 piggies, and now a hamster :roll: I need to crack on with that so you can all see how my boys have grown xx

Oh yes please, when you have time!

I'm attempting to bond my new boy Ted to Shadow & Susan although the local RSPCA have little ladies needing homes :lol:

Hi Lenslady, I think about you often as I remember we were getting our beautiful Frenchies at the same time. I am so sorry to hear about Gypsy, I hope you have coped as well as is possible, I am sure you are heartbroken. I would so love for you post more photos of your boys, I miss your photography. xxx

Back