• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it’s Jack’s-Jane !

So, it seems that I have not been logged out of RU as JJ on my PC. Because I did not request a new password via my Ipad this time I suppose. But this does not resolve the problem of not being able to access RU as JJ from my Ipad.

Is anyone able to contact Tamsin to see if she can sort it out please ?

Otherwise I wont be able to use RU from my Ipad as I expect my IM account will be Banned eventually. Kinda defeats the point of me having an Ipad as most of my online time is on RU !

Did you try trying to log in via the ipad from a different browser? Did the exact same thing happen?

Have you ever logged onto RU from a different device before?

Are you on the mobile view or desktop view of RU when on the ipad?

Yes you'll have only been logged out previously on your pc, if you changed the password. As changing it will log you out from all devices.

Hopefully we can get this sorted :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I can manually reset your password but I don't know without trying if that will help. I'll message Tam to see what she usually does to get around this.

Did you try trying to log in via the ipad from a different browser? Did the exact same thing happen?

Have you ever logged onto RU from a different device before?

Are you on the mobile view or desktop view of RU when on the ipad?

Yes you'll have only been logged out previously on your pc, if you changed the password. As changing it will log you out from all devices.

Hopefully we can get this sorted :)

I tried Tapatalk but it logged me in as IM. Never tried to log in from any other device before. Desktop view on RU.

I may try logging out of RU as JJ on my PC before trying to Log in via my Ipad :?

I would try logging out on your computer, clear your cache and cookies just in case it's some kind of weird clash or it's remembering a previous password.

It might be worth clearing your cache on your iPad too, but I don't know how to do that.

Then try logging in on your iPad. If that doesn't work, message me on FB as Tamsin's suggested trying to manually change your password myself in case it's that easy to fix. If not she can help further.

Well, logging out as JJ on my PC then trying to log in as JJ on my Ipad has not worked. And now I can’t log back in as JJ on my PC as it won’t recognise my �� password. Getting a tad �� off with it all now ��

Can’t log in as JJ from either my PC or my Ipad now ������
Wait your password hasn't changed... But JJ account doesn't allow you to log back in on your pc? Is it saying incorrect password?

Jane, I'm going to change the password on your JJ account. I'll message you on FB to let you know the new password. Try that on your ipad first and then on the laptop.

It's done. I'm going to hold my breath until you've logged back in... don't make me turn blue. :lol::lol:

Wait your password hasn't changed... But JJ account doesn't allow you to log back in on your pc? Is it saying incorrect password?

Yes, I first tried with the original password which was not recognised. So I requested a new password and tried to log in again with that but I just got the ‘exceeded 5 log in attempts’ message despite it only being my second attempt !

Strange question. Are you doing it from the log in at the top of the main page or the actual log in page?

I know that sounds weird but I have had problems in the past with the log in at the top of the main page. I always leave it blank, press log in and then do it from that page.

WT....... So I wake up for a wee, get back into bed and try one more time to log in on my Ipad as IM. I open the RU page and I am automatically logged in. 😗

Strange question. Are you doing it from the log in at the top of the main page or the actual log in page?

I know that sounds weird but I have had problems in the past with the log in at the top of the main page. I always leave it blank, press log in and then do it from that page.

I try both options !

Back in as JJ on my PC again at long :censored: last.. Dare not try on the Ipad again :roll: :censored:

iPads are great for saving passwords etc, almost too great sometimes! I would have a look in settings under passwords and accounts and then website passwords and it will show what you have saved for here and you can edit your username and password to the correct ones for your JJ account.

Are you using Tapatalk now on the iPad? If so, that's probably remembering your password etc too, just to complicate things.

Ideally, you need to remove all saved info for the IM account on your iPad and try to log in as JJ. I wonder if having the new account is now actually complicating the issue for you.

Are you using Tapatalk now on the iPad? If so, that's probably remembering your password etc too, just to complicate things.

Ideally, you need to remove all saved info for the IM account on your iPad and try to log in as JJ. I wonder if having the new account is now actually complicating the issue for you.

This is my thought, too.

Back