• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this discrimination!!

I took my two in for their vaccs and got the discount :)

There have been doing it for the whole month though (not just a week) so that's quite a lot of discounts they've provided to encourage rabbit welfare.

I don't suppose it's just the cash. 39 rabbits would probably take up their entire afternoon of appointments :lol:

Thats not fair :(

You could of told me you were going in we could have taken half in each, we might have got away with it :lol::lol:

I did suggest they just gave me the vouchers without the appointments to save them the time but they still said no :)

Yes, I'm sure if we just sundered in with 19 and a half rabbits each they'd never have suspected anything :lol:

I like the cake bribery idea, that's a good plan and involves shifting less carriers ;)

perhaps you should invite them to come round and do health checks. you could make them a cup of tea and they could work hard ;)

If you just lock them in a shed with the bunnies and not let them out again do think you'd only have to pay the fee once?

I hadn't thought of that, which vet should I go for???? :lol::lol: Obviously if Scamp gets ill you will have to come here instead for the consult :)

Robin the locum? He has a special interest in small furries so we quite like him :)

I would say Christine is the best with bunnies but not always people friendly, she is great with getting the oldies through dentals and generally giving things a try :) Adele is a great vet but doesn't have a a lot of interest in the bunnies, but she is lovely to talk to and always tries her best, and if she doesn't know will contact FHB for me :)

Really miss Jen though, hasn't been the same there with out her :(

If call out fee ois £30 is there a limit to how many bunnies they see? You could get all of them examined, vax's etc for one 'consult' fee?????

Our vets have one call out fee but then a charge for each animal examined- it is worth it though if you have a few to see to. When our vet comes out for something I often get them to have a look at anybody else we have concerns about. In fact when they came out to vaccinate a horse once, I got them to check a bun, blood sample Samson and give a dog vaccine. By the time you added each consult fee on for each animal the bill wasn't much more!

aww pants! i thought that was a cunning bargain! :lol: How many buns can you have per consult? i got a 45 min consult the other day for the price of a normal one - all 3 buns got jabs and MOT plus Kylo's sneezing! :D

aww pants! i thought that was a cunning bargain! :lol: How many buns can you have per consult? i got a 45 min consult the other day for the price of a normal one - all 3 buns got jabs and MOT plus Kylo's sneezing! :D

Only one :? If we take 3 in at once we get charged 3 times

This thread reminds me how much I love my Vet, he's always very understanding with prices for smaller pets, and has the knowledge to treat them too. Wish they would do a free checkup for piggies at ours, could do with all mine having a check over again, thankfully the bun only has to go in for his 6monthly vaccs.

Back