• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is there hope for my little bunnies?

I had the same issue with my little bunnies but I was surprised on the next day, the mother bunny ate all the little bunnies, I don't why she did it. Can someone help?

If the mother is very very stressed she will eat the new ones -

However at 4 weeks the older ones should be starting t be weaned and you may be able to move them on to dry forage and some pellets - but it does depend if they have already started on that themselves.

You can supplement with some made up milk feed (we use double strength puppy milk made from powder) if you are able to hand rear.

She will not be able to manage both litters.

I'd expect the four week olds are eating solids fairly well? People have done it both ways. If babies look good and mum is looking a little worn splitting is probably the best option. The older litter will also take milk from the youngers as they feed more.

Any pics? I really hope your bunnies are all ok. Are you keeping them all? If not, contact a mod on here and they maybe can help with re homing them through here. Xxx

aww so relieved! yes some pics would be cool if u have time x Hows rosie doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3A339B61-6C59-42F9-820D-3169FA6E1E97_zpsnaalsvqa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Has this worked? Mum and Dad (Rosie and Luna, we can't decide on what to call Luna now he is a boy)

[video][/video]

Rosie and babies. We will be keeping the grey one (Christian) and the two whites (ghost and peanut) if I could keep them all I really would but we currently have 11 bunnies x

yep that worked! beautiful bunnies :) thanks for sharing. we have that hay feeder - so cute. how are you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back