• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it possble to bond an unspayed female with a neutered male...

Thank you for this information halfpenny. Your success with bonding is impressive. I have no experience of severely abused bunnies, but have noticed that severely traumatised cats also have problems in relating to their own species.

Thanks, I'd never really thought about my success rate, but we do slow bondings, in some cases very slow, but it works for us.

The one rabbit we could never bond was Rosie, she was found with cigarette burns on her body and was very traumatised- she just couldn't cope with anything, she was very aggressive and it took 2 years for her to trust us enough not to bite. We tried her once with Sam, but she was petrefied, and decided not to try again.
I did fear that Sorrell would be the same, but finally have found her a friend. She was owned by a drug user, and was then passed onto somebody with friends who took lots of dogs into the house- Sorrell had no safe place to go to and eventually fell off a windowsill, breaking her leg. We failed to bond her twice., before suceeding with Ziggy.
Snowy was the other failure and that was down to personality. We Tried to bond him with Missy ( a foster rabbit) but she was very hyper and he just didn't like her. Missy went on to a foster home and bonded happily with another male. Snowy was then bonded with Bertha, and after she died he was bonded with Jessica and Jess.

I bonded Ghostie and Toffee when Ghostie wasn't spayed and it was tricky. Most certainly won't do it again!
She was extremely affectionate towards me but ofcourse her hormones took over!

Another update lol

I haven't tried to bond them yet,was going to a few days ago but I have since then noticed that Bella is becoming really hormonal :shock: Not in an aggressive way,she just gets very erm excited :oops: I nearly tripped over her this morning! :shock: Don't know how Boris would react to that..:?

I haven't tried to bond them yet,was going to a few days ago but I have since then noticed that Bella is becoming really hormonal :shock: Not in an aggressive way,she just gets very erm excited :oops: I nearly tripped over her this morning! :shock: Don't know how Boris would react to that..:?

I bonded my unspayed girly and castrated male on Monday and all went great! I fenced them into the bathroom, where there was a bit of circling, fur pulling and humping but that was it. Let them out of the bathroom monday early evening and now they're free ranging together :)

Good luck if you do it :)

I bonded my unspayed girly and castrated male on Monday and all went great! I fenced them into the bathroom, where there was a bit of circling, fur pulling and humping but that was it. Let them out of the bathroom monday early evening and now they're free ranging together :)

Good luck if you do it :)

Aw that's lovely,I'm so happy for you :)
I am going to give it another go..either today or tomorrow. I'm so not going to chicken out this time. Seriously. It's not like they're going to try to kill each other...right? :shock:

Back