• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Alfie lonely....? Hopefully not for much longer!!

Sammyp

Young Bun
So, after having Alfie for 6 weeks we decided to go to the animal shelter... And they had baby bunnies... All female :love:
Although we were only going to have a look, half an hour later we had bought a new hutch and went back to choose! :D
Welcome Poppy! She's absolutely gorgeous, 8 weeks old and a cross.
Her mother came in as a stray and thy found out she was pregnant. (She was an agouti) shortly after having 5 little girlies she sadly died :cry:
I'm not sure if this is normal but poppy has one ear up and one down... It's really cute but do you think they will stay like that?
I wonder if her daddy was a lop?
So, I've put her hutch next to Alfie's and they seem to be interested in each other (especially Alfie but he is older- 16 weeks).
He's just been neutered last week and i intend on having poppy spayed in the future so they can meet! Do you think there's anything else I should be doing in the meantime to hopefully have a better chance of it working when I bond them?
:thumb:

You can swap litter trays and toys etc over, basically if there is something that bunny 1 has, give it to the bunny 2 and give bunny 1 something that belongs to bunny 2... if that makes sense? That will help them get used to one another's scent and can help the introductions go more smoothly :wave:

Hiya, ideally you should wait until Poppy is neutered too before introducing them, as you will have to separate them while she is done and while she's recovering, but it will be another couple of months at least, before she is old enough - some vets won't spay before 6 months. But if they seem happy living side by side you can leave them like that for now :wave:

Hi, thanks for that :D
Yeah I will wait, she's so small and a bit scared still. Alfie is already double her size :love:
I will have her spayed as soon as she's old enough and then once she's recovered I can go from there!
Thank you for the advice :wave:

:wave:
one ear up and one down is normal I think.... unless her head is tilted and she is stepping on her ear, which is a ear infection. just make sure she's alright and it looks like a comfy position for her ears!
poppy sounds really cute! :love:
well done for getting alfie a friend xxx ;)

yep, as said before, I would swap litter trays and other items so they can fully get used to each other's scent before bonding xxx

Aww thanks! She is absolutely gorgeous! Her wonky ears just make her even more adorable. I don't think there's anything wrong cos it looks 'normal' for her I guess in a funny kinda way :love:

Thank u, I really hope they get on!! :D

I was wondering... I won't let Alfie out just yet I don't think as he's still very wary of me and chews everything! :shock:
But I would like to let poppy out... She's very sweet, a bit shy but very easy to handle so if she goes off somewhere she shouldn't I will be able to pick her up easily.

Alfie and poppy's hutches are in the lounge and if I was to let poppy out on her own, and in the future let Alfie out on his own before they meet, will the lounge area still count as neutral territory for them meeting if they've both been out separately in it? :wave:

Back