• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a tarp cover enough for now?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
I have been reading posts about preparing for winter and I have not done anything yet. The only thing I do is put tarp over his hutch at night to keep drafts and rain out.

He will have a wife by early December to snuggle with. :roll: I am not sure in the meantime whether to put bubblewrap or silver insulation or something on his hutch under the tarp to keep him warm.

I have mentioned in another post that he has a fleece blanket to snuggle with. :roll:

We live in West Sussex so relatively mild in comparison.

Anyway, any thoughts we be good.

I have covered my hutch with the foil bubble wrap stuff, then covered this with tarp, they have a cardboard box full of barley straw to snuggle into. I have brought some snuggle safe heat pads, my two snuggle up to each other so I am sure your bunny will be happy when he has another bun to snuggle up to.

I have covered my hutch with the foil bubble wrap stuff, then covered this with tarp, they have a cardboard box full of barley straw to snuggle into. I have brought some snuggle safe heat pads, my two snuggle up to each other so I am sure your bunny will be happy when he has another bun to snuggle up to.

Where did you get your foil bubble wrap? Did you staple it on? Do you take it off in the summer?

Thanks

When my 2 were outside they only ever had a tarpaulin over them. They lived in an 8ftx4ft run during the night with a small 3ft open hutch inside which I filled with hay. They very rarely used to go in the hutch though much preferring to stay in the run so they must have been warm enough!

Back