• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is a rabbit the right animal for me?

I think you will make a fantastic bunny owner. Good luck with your search:D
Almost forgot welcome to the forum im sure you will become as addicted to it as everyone else:lol::wave::wave::wave:
Sallyx

Hello Claire, welcome aboard. I have learnt so much from here. Three out of our four bunnies are from rescues, I had absolutely no idea of the amount of rescue buns needing homes when we started out in May of last year.

There are two very very lucky bunnies waiting out there for you! Good Luck in finding them.

My favourite hay and bunny treat and toy supplier is

www.thehayexperts.co.uk

they have some wonderful things! Our's go absolutely doolally for the papaya/pineapple tablets.

Looking forward to seeing some bunny pictures, your cat is beautiful by the way.
Vanessa xx

Hey there thanks for more welcomes! :wave:

And wonderful link Vanessa xx

Lot's of wonderful things I could get there :D

After looking around and doing yet more research! :lol:

the mini lop has really took my fancy, charming sweet natured, And having no children myself, I think they'd be a good choice.

I was looking at smaller when I said about dwarfs.

the mini lops just look so sweet, and there temprement sounds really good for what i'd love in a rabbit. :)

Is there any more special requirements for mini lops?
Like lower hay racks, lower bottles?

they look small but videos I've seem have a firey spicey nature hehe. :lol:

I'm extremely dainty handed when it comes to handling an animal, Do you this could be the right type for me to be looking at?

I'm certain I'm getting those cubes from B&Q.
And building a warm smuggly cage for them, measuring up now, should be able to get in 6 by 3. (in cubes, no idea what that is in dimeniters)

Food, i'm looking into all those mentioned above.

I've bought, tunnels, Log (for chewing and shuch), hidey holes, Carefresh bedding 10ltrs (for now small one to see how he or he would get on with this)

And out door run, the weather is awful here at the moment had snow and all sorts! :shock:

But i'd be building my own, mesh they sell in think it was no frills, had like a wire run mesh, was long time ago so i'd have to find that again!
(I like building them because I can make them as big as my garden can fit) :lol:

I really do feel quite nervous now seeing the carefresh bag made me all tingly and nervous!

That website Vanessa gave though has alot of things there i'm going to order, once i've had a good look through them all :wave:

thanks again!

Saffy is a minilop, shes very affectionate although a tad stroppy because shes only young :D joey is also xminilop. Your rescues probably will be neutered so least they shouldnt be too hormonal, saffy had her op yesturday, picking her up later, so excited!! Have missed them... only been one night :oops:

So excited for you, pics are a def must when you have them!

hi claire! i just want to say how lovely it is to see someone who is looking into getting a rabbit be so open to suggestions and have great ideas themselves! You are going to make a great bunny mummy!!!

youre pets homes so sound great! so creative!

I have a dwarf lop myself and he is just :love: xx

Reading this thread made me really glad :D I hope you find your furry friends who are waiting for you. I see your already buying stuff for them. Are you going to buy a litter tray? :D It's very practical to having them go in one limited area of their cage. The hay rack should go above the litter tray as they love to eat and poo at the same time :lol:

Also I would reccomend you consider using oxbow bunny basics/T (for adults, 15/23 for young (under 6 months) and elder) as feed, it's the best there is. Although there are cheaper alernatives wich are ok too ;)

Awww you are going to make somebunny very happy :)

If you do a search on "books" on this forum you will find some threads with reccommendations for good books about rabbits - I have "Rabbits for Dummies" which is very comprehensive.

I hope you find your perfect rabbit(s) and that you'll post some pictures for us! :D

Back