• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introduction!

MabelBaby

New Kit
Hello everyone. I’m a new rabbit owner, I got my first bunny last month. Her name is Mabel. She is the sweetest bunny I could ever get. I researched lots and read that most bunnies are very timid when first brought home. I left her be without holding her for a few days, most of the time she was pawing at her playpen asking to come out and play, eating lots of greens and pancaking. However she was not timid at all and came up to me and allowed me to pet her without a second thought. She was abandoned at an apartment complex with a unfortunately very sick black lop ( who did not make it past a few days at the humane society ) in a wire cage, she was then brought to the humane society and was adopted by me. She is now free roaming my apartment so far has only chewed a slipper. If any of you have any tips for new bunny parents let me know! I’m super open to tips and criticism as I am new to this entirely!

Thank you

Hello everyone. I’m a new rabbit owner, I got my first bunny last month. Her name is Mabel. She is the sweetest bunny I could ever get. I researched lots and read that most bunnies are very timid when first brought home. I left her be without holding her for a few days, most of the time she was pawing at her playpen asking to come out and play, eating lots of greens and pancaking. However she was not timid at all and came up to me and allowed me to pet her without a second thought. She was abandoned at an apartment complex with a unfortunately very sick black lop ( who did not make it past a few days at the humane society ) in a wire cage, she was then brought to the humane society and was adopted by me. She is now free roaming my apartment so far has only chewed a slipper. If any of you have any tips for new bunny parents let me know! I’m super open to tips and criticism as I am new to this entirely!

Thank you

Welcome to the forum :wave: Mabel sounds very cute. That's very sad about the black lop :cry: Have a look at https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ It's full of good advice. If you live in the UK, have a good read of the section on vaccinations.

How old is Mabel? Do you know whether she has been spayed?

The forum has lots of good advice split into different sections. If you have any specific questions, then just post a question yourself.

And if you have some photos of Mabel, we would love to see them :)

Hi welcome to the forum :wave: Mabel sounds delightful, glad she's settling in well, and I agree, bunny photos are always welcome here :) hope you enjoy looking round the forum, you will find lots of useful information under the different sections, but please just ask if you need help with anything.

Welcome! :wave: I'm so glad you've adopted Mabel after she had such a horrible experience being abandoned. She sounds quite confident! :love: How wonderful that you let her free roam. Hopefully that slipper stays the only chewed thing, but I wouldn't count on it. ;) Are you considering adopting a friend for her in the future? That would be my number one tip. :) And I agree about the photos if you want to share any!

Welcome.
You need hay, hay and more hay. She needs to eat lots. You will get used to finding bits in all sorts of odd places :lol:

It is good to know Mable has found a loving home after her, and black bunnie's, horrible abandonment. How lucky that she trusts you and accepts petting. We will enjoy pictures.
This forum offers lots of advice, support, and friendship.

Back