• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Erasmus... bonding ud pg3

Bonding ud...

Going very well. Erasmus (or Chunky the Deaf Bun) is definitely dominant, much to Athena's surprise. He's still a bit humpy, but now the girls can get away if he gets too much. He's had an amazing effect on Athena. She was self-mutilating, but now the patches on her legs which were bald have some floof on them (it wasn't sore hocks; wrong side of leg for that.) already! I'm really pleased. Ras, Athena, and River now have the entirety of the smaller half of their enclosure (about 48sqft) and are enjoying the additional space.

Erasmus has lunged at me once. Totally my fault. I was trying to encourage him to learn to jump out of his hutch, onto a ledge, before getting to the floor. Because food (cow parsley) was involved, he got annoyed and lunged for it. Don't blame him. But he needed to learn. He has now though, so all is well.

He's such a sweet and soft lump, I couldn't have asked for a better bunny. :love:

What a lovely positive and heart-warming update :love: How wonderful that Athena has reacted to him in this way.

Bonding ud...

Going very well. Erasmus (or Chunky the Deaf Bun) is definitely dominant, much to Athena's surprise. He's still a bit humpy, but now the girls can get away if he gets too much. He's had an amazing effect on Athena. She was self-mutilating, but now the patches on her legs which were bald have some floof on them (it wasn't sore hocks; wrong side of leg for that.) already! I'm really pleased. Ras, Athena, and River now have the entirety of the smaller half of their enclosure (about 48sqft) and are enjoying the additional space.

Erasmus has lunged at me once. Totally my fault. I was trying to encourage him to learn to jump out of his hutch, onto a ledge, before getting to the floor. Because food (cow parsley) was involved, he got annoyed and lunged for it. Don't blame him. But he needed to learn. He has now though, so all is well.

He's such a sweet and soft lump, I couldn't have asked for a better bunny. :love:

You certainly have the magic touch with trios, which are not easy. Well done :D

Back