• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Innocent rabbits, innocent children...

Kim_w

Mama Doe
We have had our new rabbits now around 3 weeks. They have settled really well. They were already tame when we got the but are now totally used to us. Pleased to come to the hutch door when we open it (probably as I usually have a hay top up with me. lol) When we let them loose in the garden they are happy for us to give them a quick stroke when they hop past us but they dont hang aroung for too long. Today we were all out in the garden together and my 3 year old walked straight over to Bunny bunny floppings (her rabbit who is the shy one out of the 2) amd started stroking her and tickling her and bunny bunny floppings carried out mucnhing on grass. My daughter bounded up to her a few times and each time bunny bunny floppings carried on eating. My 7 year old also sat stroking Flopsy at the same time, she has a bolder personality but wouldnt stay still in the garden if she thought she was being picked up. It was lovely to watch my 2 children sat together with their rabbits. It was as though the rabbits could sense they were children.

That is lovely :love: they must know your children are gentle and kind to trust them like that :thumb:

It was amazing to watch. My 3 year old was tickling her rabbit with a hand on each side of her body, if I were to do that she would have thought she was being piced up and legged it but she carried on grazing

It was amazing to watch. My 3 year old was tickling her rabbit with a hand on each side of her body, if I were to do that she would have thought she was being piced up and legged it but she carried on grazing

Aww :love:

Back