• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor or Outdoor Bunnies?

Do you Keep your Bunnies Indoors or Outdoors

• Total voters
My buns really used to slip on the wooden floor. And nibble the furniture and the skirtimg boards.

I keep mine outside simply because they have more space out there than they ever would have inside. And because of Molly's hocks, I can control her flooring much more than if she was inside. Imagine covering the whole floor of our house with hay, just isn't practical. :shock: Maybe in the future, I'd have indoor rabbits, but not now.

And outdoor rabbit's lifespan shouldn't be any different to indoor rabbits, as long as cared for properly.

It depends on the bunny, but I personally think that bunnies are better off outside, in as natural an environment as possible.
Squidgy was an indoor bunny because of his personality and his lack of teeth!
Our current bunnies are all outside in large enclosures, that they have access to all the time. Our oldest outside bunnies are Salt and Pepper who are now 7 and still look like babies!

Back