• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor buns

Do you have an indoor rabbit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[quoteThe most important thing to do before bringing bun indoors is bunny proofing, and for the record they do not smell! Helen[/quote]

All animals smell to a degree! It was only my personal opinion.

all our 7 live in the house,

2 free range in our bedroom (great alarm clocks)
2 in the kitchen
3 in the living room

norrielian said:
[quoteThe most important thing to do before bringing bun indoors is bunny proofing, and for the record they do not smell! Helen

All animals smell to a degree! It was only my personal opinion.[/quote]

I agree that if mine aren't cleaned out daily, they stink :lol: They have their own 3 rooms, but the doors are shut when I'm not in, so it only really affects their rooms. I only missed one day cleaning this weekend, but they smelt bad last night :oops: :?

Angie65 said:
norrielian said:
[quoteThe most important thing to do before bringing bun indoors is bunny proofing, and for the record they do not smell! Helen

All animals smell to a degree! It was only my personal opinion.

I agree that if mine aren't cleaned out daily, they stink :lol: They have their own 3 rooms, but the doors are shut when I'm not in, so it only really affects their rooms. I only missed one day cleaning this weekend, but they smelt bad last night :oops: :?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a houserabbit cos I wanted to spend time with him and I know I wouldnt do that if he were in the garden. So for me the major advantage is the amount of time I can then spend with him :D

Disadvantages:

* bunnies arent tidy! :shock: Time he learnt to pick up his own hay I reckon!

* they have to be supervised [I dont mind this personally, but I can imagine it doesnt suit everyone]. They can get into mischief very quickly!

* if they are free range, you have to be very aware of where the rabbit is at all times (so you dont step on him!) [again, I dont mind but I can imagine it's a problem in busier houses]

* they do need space. I dont know how people manage to give their rabbits a room to themselves!

i didnt realise just how many people actually kept their bunnies indoors. its really nice to see :thumb: I'd really love to have mine inside, but my mum's very house proud and im not exactly the tidiest person so i doubt she would believe me if i said i'd keep the rabbit mess tidy!! definately something to think about when I have my own house in the next year or two. thanks everyone for your input, very interesting :D

Fiona x

My 3 have always lived indoors and i love it!
Advantages:
No predators to worry about eg foxes
No worry about them getting cold in winter
Dont have to go outside in the winter to clean them out or check on them
You can see them whenever you like and spend more time with them
They can come and see you when you like

Disadvantages:
They can be noisy
They trail hay everywhere!
They eat your carpets/skirting boards/wiring etc

My two are house bunnies!

I love having them in the house they are really friendly because we spend a lot of time with them but they eat holes in the carpet, chew skirting boards, jump on us in the night and make loads of noise in the morning when they want there breakfast (usually at 5am on a sunday morn!!) oh and occasionaly Bailey will wee on our bed as a surprise!!!! But they are worth it!!! x

I voted yes but when I move house he'll be in the garage when we get him a girlfriend.

Benefits -

See him all the time
Able to bond easily
No predators
No horrible weather when cleaning up (although in my house not strictly true as it's raining inside at the moment - long story :lol: )

Disadvanates
Chews anything and everything
Not as much room now as he can't be free rang (for any one who is wondering - it's still on three levels and massive and he still comes out supervised)
Smells
The OH moaning about the fur as he is alergic :shock:

I think the disadvantages and advantages really depend on the owner and individual. I'd love Rusty to remain a house rabbit but I also don't want to live in a house where the wallpaper has been torn off, the doors and skirting board chewed and carpet eaten. Rusty will have the whole garage when we move so I know he'll have plenty of room and he wont be lonely. Plus I will spend lots of time with him.

Lynette and Rusty X

Right now I've got three outside, but after a lot of pestering (and I mean a lot :lol: ) My mum has finally agreed to let one of them in (will be Maddie as she is smaller and not bonded with the others)

I can't wait! :D She'll be in my room.

I'm just having trouble getting large affordable housing. :?

norrielian said:

All animals smell to a degree! It was only my personal opinion.[/quote]

My point is it is not normally the rabbit which smells but its litter tray/hutch/cage. Didn't mean to cause offense. b-m

Back