• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In urgent need of advice; rabbit in a bad way (Social Services involvement)

Just catching up with this again:wave:

So pleased to see the latest updates.I think with vet backup you have a strong case.

Lovely to get an update, so pleased she's doing so well :) it does sound like a difficult case of neglect... I hope things work out ok for the owner and her children, even if I hope marble doesn't return.

Aw bless him marble has a look of my Molly !! Good luck x
d0aee8cfcce1ec7da25d449437853af5.jpg

She really does, doesn't she! Molly is adorable :love:

Just catching up with this again:wave:

So pleased to see the latest updates.I think with vet backup you have a strong case.

I think so too. I'm not sure whether we'll have to go down the legal route to remove Marble from the owner, or whether she'll just give her up.....we'll have to see when she's out of hospital. x

Lovely to get an update, so pleased she's doing so well :) it does sound like a difficult case of neglect... I hope things work out ok for the owner and her children, even if I hope marble doesn't return.

I spoke to Social Services yesterday, and, as you'd imagine, there are lots of issues concerning the owner (they told me a bit too much, to be honest, I had to stop the Social Worker talking before she veered into very confidential territory :shock:)

The SW told me that the owner had been trying to feed her "very random things, like crisps, bread, meat, etc" :shock:

I told the SW that, whilst I didn't want to heap more stress, upset and worry onto the owner by forcing the removal of her pet, my concern was with Marble and I would do everything in my power to keep her safe and protect her from further neglect. SW agreed that it was pretty obvious Marble/Pablo wouldn't be able to go back to the original owner.

I'm not worrying about that at the moment, though. She's safe here with me for the time being, and I'll think about Marble's future when she's strong and recovered.

:D

Can only imagine! It doesn't sound good for marble, can only hope this becomes a wake up call for the mum!

Bless little marble :love: really glad she has been moved from what sounds like quite a traumatic environment for all involved. Sending her lots of stay healthy and happy vibes x

I know it's been said but you really need to call central RSPCA and report this. Provide the social worker's details for the case and advise you really need some assurance that social services will NOT allow this rabbit to go back to that home. This needs to be done through official channels (RSPCA Walsall are probably their own charity and not formally connected to Inspectors etc)

Glad to see Marble is doing well and I hope she continues to improve.

Back