• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In urgent need of advice; rabbit in a bad way (Social Services involvement)

Hope she doesnt go back to the horrible environment and that she gets a good home.

Me too :-( I had a call from the staff from the hospital ward the owner's on, apparently owner has been asking about her bunny (I found out that 'Marble' was thought to be a male and was called Pablo!)

So, on the one hand, I do feel sad that the owner obviously cares about Marble/Pablo, but on the other hand, I absolutely don't want her to go back to that hellhole :evil:

I don't know what Marble's future is, I'm not thinking that far ahead yet, I'm just making sure she gets fitter, healthier and happier day after day :love:

What a little beauty. :love:
Hope she continues on her path to well-being and finds the forever home she deserves.

She's adorable, she really is......if she ends up needing a new home (and I'm pretty sure that will be the case), I'm sure she'll be snapped up in an instant. Not only is she pretty but she's also sweet, gentle, bright and loving.

Have you got photographic evidence of the carrier and way Marble looked when you got her? You might also be able to get the vet's input.

OMG just read all this she is a beauty, well done you xxx she sounds like she is doing well ! xx

She's doing amazingly well! She's groomed herself clean, she's getting more adventurous with her eating (shes nibbling at all different types of hay, but her favourite so far is Naturals Crisp & Crunch Celery)
Newsletter_Single_new_arrivals_graphic_4_1024x1024.jpg

She loves her pellets; she's now having a small handful of Science Selective a day, which I slowly introduced to make sure she didn't guzzle them too quickly and choke.

She's always happy to see me, whether I have a nommy treat or not, and she's incredibly inquisitive, friendly and cuddly :love:

She's beautiful! You seem quite smitten. Have you considered keeping her yourself if it comes to rehoming? ;)

I have considered keeping her myself, but, when I do have my own bunnies, I want to have at least two and for them to be free range house bunnies.

As we are running the boarding business, that would be impossible from a practical perspective for a number of reasons.

So, for the time being, we have to satisfy ourselves with caring for other people's bunnies!

Have you got photographic evidence of the carrier and way Marble looked when you got her? You might also be able to get the vet's input.

Hi Sarah, unfortunately no, I don't have photographic evidence :cry: When I was first called by the social worker, I was given absolutely no information whatsoever.....the staff who met me at the empty house also knew nothing. I honestly didn't know I was walking into a neglect case so what I found blindsided me.

I don't know if the owner was making Marble live in the carrier instead of a cage, or whether someone from Social Services caught her and put her in there. I couldn't see a cage in the house, but then it was complete chaos, there wasn't an inch of bare floor in the place, we had to push things out of the way to be able to move around the room. So there might have been a cage somewhere else that I didn't see....Marble wouldn't have been able to free range in the room I saw, though, that much was obvious.

To be honest, when I saw the carrier and was told that she'd been in there for 5 days, I feared the worst and I was convinced that there was going to be a dead bunny in there when we opened the lid.

The vet confirmed that Marble's weight loss wasn't only from being kept in a carrier for 5 days....it was more longstanding than that. Also, she has virtually no muscle tone over her hindquarters, which again, the vet said was from longstanding neglect/unsuitable living conditions (leading me to believe she might have been confined to the pet carrier for longer than 5 days). Her teeth are slightly iffy, probably due to an unsuitable diet. The vet made comprehensive notes and said she would be very happy to provide a report should the matter be escalated to RSPCA involvement.

At the moment, I'm just letting Marble enjoy having some decent and appropriate grub, being kept warm and clean and in a suitable sized hutch.....she's with me for another 3 or 4 weeks at least, so I'll worry about her future after Christmas. I'm loving having her here, she's a complete pleasure and she's giving me back as much love and affection as I'm giving her :love:

When

:wave: She really is! Hope you're all doing ok x

we're all doing ok thank you. mollie has had some health issues which started back in may but we've got them under control with meds, and she has been spayed, and is now doing sooo much better and has been having the meds reduced this last month or so.

she's an absolute angel and seems so happy and settled:

0f0791de-de46-40ee-a3d9-65f689ef732f_zpsimg0atzx.jpg

:love:

we're all doing ok thank you. mollie has had some health issues which started back in may but we've got them under control with meds, and she has been spayed, and is now doing sooo much better and has been having the meds reduced this last month or so.

she's an absolute angel and seems so happy and settled:

:love:

That's fab news! x

Awwww bless. I've just caught up with this. What a beautiful bunny :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you. everytime i see you post, i want to thank you again for telling us about mollie :oops: :lol: just can't say enough how much we love her :love: x

Even though we've never met, I knew from your posts that she would be much loved. I'm just so happy that Mollie found such a lovely home :D x

Awwww bless. I've just caught up with this. What a beautiful bunny :)

She's an absolutely lovely bunny and she's doing amazingly well.

She's definitely putting on weight (not weighed her yet - must do that! - but her spine is much better covered than it was last week) and she eats pretty much everything we give her. In fact, I reckon she might eventually have a tendency to being a bit porky, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

We just need to start building her muscles now......she has really, really poor muscle development over her hindquarters :(

She's just seems so grateful :love:

:D

Hi, just read this very sad but happy story Marbles a very lucky bunny that's going to get a very merry Christmas thanks to your love & kindness great job xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back