• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im in the dog house again....

i am heartbroke that i have to start from scratch with him again...i should never have got rabbits if i cant even bond with em :cry::cry::cry:

Don't be daft! i have some here who wouldn't come near me if you paid them, i have one girl i have had for 5 years and she hates me with a passion despite all my attempts. You are giving thema good home and there well looked after, and at the end of the day YOU are trying to re-bond with them, it will take time and if will suck for a while until they start to trust humans, but you will get there, just keep at it and keep it up! i promise you, if i can get Bootz to willingly come to a person and i can have jamima at the stage where she can be conded you can turn alvin around. It can he hard and it can be destressing, but even when you get to the day when they will both tolerate you being in the same room you will feel an amazing sense of acheivment xx

None of mine like being picked up at all, and if I'm trying to put them out on the grass, it's not unusual for me to have one or more of them cowering in a litterbox or hunched in a corner stamping. I try to use the carrier but like you say about handling, I try to handle them and they hate it. Sometimes its not so bad and sometimes its awful and I'm embarrassed about how badly I seem to handle them :(

Give him this evening to calm down and stop being angry and then start a long term bribery programme to get back in his good books! He does love you and I'm sure he knows you love him too. I don't think it will be back to the beginning, by the sound of it you've come so far - it'll just be a hiccup.

Try the old tea towel method as well (with lots of treats) and just take it really slowly. And just think about how much you care for them and how hard you try to make everything lovely for them and you'll see you're actually a fab bunny mum xxxxx

thanx all..... well see how it goes over the next few weeks.. guess claw clipping will continue to be a vets job :oops:

and i have to cut down on the treats too as i think hes getting a bit podgy... all i need is the vets telling me off for over feeding as well as not being able hold him...

glad stes at work he finds it hilarious i fail so badly at this :evil:

thanx all..... well see how it goes over the next few weeks.. guess claw clipping will continue to be a vets job :oops:

and i have to cut down on the treats too as i think hes getting a bit podgy... all i need is the vets telling me off for over feeding as well as not being able hold him...

glad stes at work he finds it hilarious i fail so badly at this :evil:

right hun dont beat yourself up some bunnys hate being handled. chelsea is now 10.5 years old we have had her since quite young and handled her and her sister regularly(her sister always liked a fuss and stroke)... she still hates to be picked up adn yes she is speyed she will not let anyone stroke her she jsut prefers bunny company to human.. she is not scared of us and will come for her dinner and will hop around happily but if you go towards her to stroke her she will sit there andd as soon as you try adn stroke her run away, mum HAS to pick her up every other day to clean her eye (which she has a permenantly blocked tear duct from scar tissue) daily and once on mums lap now licks her after.... but you still have to chase to catch her and for an older lady she can run!!!!
tho she isnt agressive

then on the other hand i have a loverly pair of neutered buns...dora dand arthur who couldnt be so different dora still attacks and growls when i try and touch arthur near her and if i dont shoo her away before putting the food in catching her is a nightmare and she is easily stressed the only time i make progress is if ispend hours outside sitting with her and let her hop up to me and tehn on her terms she might have a treat and sit on me. to do her claws is very difficult im lucky i feel confident with her and i just pick her up and do it she struggles but at least i get it done. dont panic we all have pshyco buns now and again x

right hun dont beat yourself up some bunnys hate being handled. chelsea is now 10.5 years old we have had her since quite young and handled her and her sister regularly(her sister always liked a fuss and stroke)... she still hates to be picked up adn yes she is speyed she will not let anyone stroke her she jsut prefers bunny company to human.. she is not scared of us and will come for her dinner and will hop around happily but if you go towards her to stroke her she will sit there andd as soon as you try adn stroke her run away, mum HAS to pick her up every other day to clean her eye (which she has a permenantly blocked tear duct from scar tissue) daily and once on mums lap now licks her after.... but you still have to chase to catch her and for an older lady she can run!!!!
tho she isnt agressive

then on the other hand i have a loverly pair of neutered buns...dora dand arthur who couldnt be so different dora still attacks and growls when i try and touch arthur near her and if i dont shoo her away before putting the food in catching her is a nightmare and she is easily stressed the only time i make progress is if ispend hours outside sitting with her and let her hop up to me and tehn on her terms she might have a treat and sit on me. to do her claws is very difficult im lucky i feel confident with her and i just pick her up and do it she struggles but at least i get it done. dont panic we all have pshyco buns now and again x

is just my luck its my first bun who hates humans :?

ive just tried to get the tufties of hair out of him which he usually ignores me and eats pellets while i do it... tonight he kept coming taking a pellet and running away with it... i have some serious grovelling to do to get back into his good books... i just made him and pearl box each other too.. some im deffo going to leave him be now and maybe try to get him to forgive me after the weekend, by that time a few mornings of veg should remind him im the nice human :(

thank you all for trying to ease my guilt over alvin its been very kind :D

You could always bring him over here to have his claws cut.

A good excuse to see Loki;)

haha i have thought about knocking on your door once or twice... not sure ste would see the sense in it tho, i asked about going to see your new giant and he said blah blah blah blah have to blah blah work on saturdays blah blah blah... hes so mean :evil::lol::lol::lol:

he came into the kitchen today to take some veg as i cut it up..... maybe he loves me again :?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay he just let me stoke his back while he ate veg and didnt run away :love::love:

i went to fill the water and when i came back hes racing around the cage binkying.... i didnt put anything in the water i promise :lol::lol:

I'm here if you need me.

I'm glad he has forgiven you:D
What a character:roll:

i know.. if id never met pearl id think all rabbits were demonic.. shes a beautiful angel and will settle down to be fussed but my arm aches :lol: when i stop she always licks my hand :love::love:

Alvin just glares at us from the other side of the room :roll:

i know.. if id never met pearl id think all rabbits were demonic.. shes a beautiful angel and will settle down to be fussed but my arm aches :lol: when i stop she always licks my hand :love::love:

Alvin just glares at us from the other side of the room :roll:

Awww, they sound like chalk and cheese. :lol::lol: But it proves that Alvin's behaviour is nothing you've done wrong, or else Pearl would be the same. Alvin has his own little personality and you are being the best bunny mummy by taking the time to work with him & gain his trust. :)

Back