• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im getting up in 2.5hours to check on jose U/D Post 112 - SHE'S HOME!!!

I don't know, I'm afraid. Luna had bloat at the end of February and was admitted as an emergency case, but she was whisked away from me so quickly that I too didn't get a chance to ask.

Please rest assured though, it's nothing that you have done wrong.

i tried feeding her but she wouldnt have any of it. i managed to get some recovery food inside her last night, but not much

what will they do help her? i never asked :(

More pain relief and IV fluids, possibly some Buscopan and simethicone to try to reduce the bloat.

Sending vibes for her.

Thanks Jane

are buns usually ok when they get this? I mean, what are her chances? I couldnt ask the vet :(

Whilst Bloat can potentially be very serious you have got her to the Vet promptly and this is so important. The sooner treatment starts the better the chances. Jose is in the best place now and I am certain the Vets will do all they can for her.

Please keep us updated

xx

Lots of vibes for Jose hun...i have always kept updated on her and love the pics of her!

Really have got my fingers crossed for her!

Let us all know of any progress xx

I agree with Jane, she is in the best place, and is very lucky to have a bunny mummy who can spot the signs and get her to a vet asap. You've done all the right things, bunnies are just very fragile creatures! :roll:

Thanks everyone

I just really hope she's going to be ok, i'm missing her loads already :cry:

I've got to ring the vets tomorrow between 10 and 11 to see how she is and if she can come home tomorrow

aww poor Jose, sending her lots of Get well soon Vibes, and a hug for her Mummy you must be so worried...
I dont know anything about bloat but I know for eating and pooing they can give them a gut stimulent which will get things flowing.

Come on Jose get better soon and go home to mummy.. :love:

p.s are you able to ring them today for an update?? Just to put your mind at rest more than anything.

Keep us updated x x x

Just seen this! Vibes to Jose! (and you of course!) I'm sure she'll start nomming and pooping soon!

Back