• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm being a mother-in-law

KCG

Warren Veteran
Yes, as it says in the title, I'm being a mother-in-law. :lol: You know Cookie is a single bunny, I think it's time for him to think about the bride. :D
I've been thinking about this for a while. My current house in the Netherlands is small and I don't have room/space for a new pet park so I was a little hesitant but I still want a partner for Cookie. They will only stay in the pet park for 6-7 hours at night, they will be free all day. The width of the pet park is 120 cm and the height is 90 cm. I know it's not good but there's really no space for a new pen in the house. My current home is Loft flat. If I see that they are doing well at night I don't think I will change it but if I see problems then I will think of new solution. Cookie goes to the vet almost every month and is sick all the time, now I'm starting to think it has something to do with being alone. His currently has a urinary tract infection and will see the rabbit shelter after this treatment is over. Bonding was being done there, I just need some encouragement, frankly, I'm nervous about it. What do you think I should pay attention to, what should I do, what will be the differences? Ahh Being a mother-in-law is so hard:roll: :lol:

I think it will be the best thing ever for Cookie to have a friend :love: if the shelter can do the initial bonding that will be a help. When they come home you will need to put them in a small neutral territory where Cookie hasn’t been before, or at least doesn’t normally go. You can clean and neutralise the area with water and white vinegar mixed 50/50. You will need to keep a close eye on them as changing territory or expanding territory will test a new bond and can trigger issues.

Good luck with it all :wave:

Oh this sounds very exciting news :) i hope the rescue will do the bonding, and I'm sure they'll offer full support. Hope all goes well xx

I think it will be the best thing ever for Cookie to have a friend :love: if the shelter can do the initial bonding that will be a help. When they come home you will need to put them in a small neutral territory where Cookie hasn’t been before, or at least doesn’t normally go. You can clean and neutralise the area with water and white vinegar mixed 50/50. You will need to keep a close eye on them as changing territory or expanding territory will test a new bond and can trigger issues.

Good luck with it all :wave:

Shelter said it made all the bonding, they stay there for 1 week. They said they don't find the short bond real so they keep it for 1 week. Will I need to Bond them again when they come home after this bonding?

Oh this sounds very exciting news :) i hope the rescue will do the bonding, and I'm sure they'll offer full support. Hope all goes well xx

Thank you so much, I hope so too :)

Shelter said it made all the bonding, they stay there for 1 week. They said they don't find the short bond real so they keep it for 1 week. Will I need to Bond them again when they come home after this bonding?

Thank you so much, I hope so too :)

You will need to carry on the bonding process as I described, to finish and strengthen the bond.

Hi. You need to make sure Cookie is healthy before he goes to the Shelter to be bonded. I hope it all works out well.x

awww, Cookie gonna have a Mrs Cookie to dance with. Wonderful news, I'm sure you won't regret it. Some bunnies bond really quickly, others take their time. There may well be absolutely no problems once they are back with you but its wise to be cautious initially & know what to look out for. You won't be a mother in law - you'll just have a second bunny child:lol:

Hi. You need to make sure Cookie is healthy before he goes to the Shelter to be bonded. I hope it all works out well.x

I was going to post this. Bonding is stressful for rabbits. He needs to be healthy before bonding starts.

I think it is the right decision for Cookie though and it will enrich his life. Do you get to choose the little girl at the shelter? Of so, I would concentrate most of all on a bunny who is judged to be healthy.

awww, Cookie gonna have a Mrs Cookie to dance with. Wonderful news, I'm sure you won't regret it. Some bunnies bond really quickly, others take their time. There may well be absolutely no problems once they are back with you but its wise to be cautious initially & know what to look out for. You won't be a mother in law - you'll just have a second bunny child:lol:

Ahh won't I have a daughter in the bride? (That's what's been said but the facts are different) :lol:
It's joke of course it will be my daughter :) But I still like to refer to her as my son's girlfriend :lol:

I hope everything will be as I hoped, thank you so much :)

I was going to post this. Bonding is stressful for rabbits. He needs to be healthy before bonding starts.

I think it is the right decision for Cookie though and it will enrich his life. Do you get to choose the little girl at the shelter? Of so, I would concentrate most of all on a bunny who is judged to be healthy.

Yes, that's why I won't contact the shelter until I'm sure Cookie is fully recovered. Bonding is so stressful and while he is sick, his illness may get worse. So I'm waiting for him to heal.
And no, I'm thinking of getting whichever girl they recommend for a Cookie. Because Cookie is an extremely calm and gentle rabbit, never aggressive.There must be a rabbit to match his personality :roll:

Yes, that's why I won't contact the shelter until I'm sure Cookie is fully recovered. Bonding is so stressful and while he is sick, his illness may get worse. So I'm waiting for him to heal.
And no, I'm thinking of getting whichever girl they recommend for a Cookie. Because Cookie is an extremely calm and gentle rabbit, never aggressive.There must be a rabbit to match his personality :roll:

I'm sure she's out there, just waiting for him. Hope Cookie is better soon, give him a nose rub from me xx

Such bunderful news. I’m really pleased cookie is going to have a playmate and I also think it will also strengthen the bond you have with cookie as a family. I can’t wait to follow the updates. Cx

Back