• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ill bunny

And i'm a little concerned that it might be to far for my rabbit do you think she will be okay for that long??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No its not. I take my 6 rabbits there. You really need to have spoken to them already. And no vet is cheap. They will tell you probable cost beforehand.

Thanks everyone took my rabbit Briar Dawn this morning the vet said she thinks she has some calcium buildup in her bladder and she currently thinks she has GI Stasis. She's kept Miffy in to do xrays and loads other stuff so hopefully she will be on the mend fingers crossed

Hi everyone the vet has just phoned and she has 2 stones in her bladder. They could operate but unfortunately they dont think she will pull through. She's being put to sleep later on this afternoon to go to bunny heaven. Im absolutely heart broke but I know deep down its the best thing for my beautiful Miffy. Thanks everyone for your help and support its helped me a lot xxx

I hope she feels better soon.

Just so you are aware, they will sometimes flush the bladder out if the calcium is bad enough (one of mine had this done once and was fine). Make sure in future you cut down on too much calcium rich veg and check what is in the pellets. Oxbow has some of the lowest calcium in it. Plenty of water as well to help flush it out going forward. Mine have a bowl rather than a bottle.

Miffy went to go to bunny heaven about 30 minutes ago it was one of the hardest decisions i've ever made and the hardest thing ive ever done but Miffy looked so peaceful and went within seconds. She is now burried underneath what used to be her favourite tree in the garden. Binky free my gorgeous little girl miss and love you forever [emoji179] xxxxxxxx

Back