• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ileus/Stasis HELP!

i know im banging on too.. but sub cut fluids are a must too

ive seen Alvin go 3 days without eating properly and as soon as the vet gave into my crying and gave an injection of fluids he sprung back into life, i will NEVER leave a vets with a stasis bunny without them fluids again, they are as important as pain relief in my opinion :wave::wave:

the tenting of the skin is not an accurate way of telling if a bunny is hydrated where they need it most in the tummy :(

I believe she gave him fluids yesterday. Yoshi is actually doing pretty good at the moment, looks like hes grazing on hay, seeming a bit more active, and I've seen a few spots of poop. Still might have him in at the vets for the day just to be safe - but so far so good. He's chewing on his wood toy and just appears to be doing pretty well.

Sounds like he's starting to show a bit of his natural character :)

Your a great bunny mummy!

If he's a bit calmer, try and get a couple of bics for us, but only if you feel comfy doing it! :wave:

yaaaay :D:D:D:D:D well you both have survived a very nasty bunny illness (the one i fear most in the world) that not all survive from whoooooop im well chuffed for you. pics of your bun would be nice... *hint hint*

28swt3t.jpg

2nhnols.jpg

1z3ugyf.jpg

Here's Yoshi ^^ I might still leave him with the vet today to be safe...not sure - I'll give her another call in a few and see what she has to say.

Last edited:
Oh wow - he's so cute!! What a lovely little bun!! You're very lucky - he's a stunner!!

He looks quite happy, up on his back legs!! :D:love::love::love:

Thanks so much <3 He is a gift, no doubt! He's got like a siamese cat coloring almost. Think I'm going to give him another feeding >.< Poor little guy's pride must be broken because it makes such a mess on his face.

Funny thing is that he goes crazy over his brush. I was playing with him with his brush in the cage...he will like instantly go for it! Of all the toys he has he wants to get the brush.

Once he trusts you a little more, you may find that he'll accept it a bit easier.

I'm so pleased he's getting better!

Funny thing is that he goes crazy over his brush. I was playing with him with his brush in the cage...he will like instantly go for it! Of all the toys he has he wants to get the brush.

Biscuit does exactly the same, but with the brush from the dustpan/brush i use to clean his cage with :lol:

Feeding went so/so...however I had the syringe and i popped it out too far so i pulled it back in and when i pushed it back out the little black rubber seal thing inside popped out and i have no idea where it went...worried it went into his cage. I've tried covering the top of the shavings a bit, like mixing it up so hopefully if it was in there it would go to the bottom and he won't get it. it was so tiny/difficult to see. ARGH.

others may disagree - but the exact position of the rear legs here suggests to me a bun that is still trying to keep his tum off the floor a bit and is still in discomfort of some kind (sorry)

i have a bun that for reasons won't go into has had a LOT of gut problems - and this is his 'still feeling a bit tender' pose.

Thanks very much - I'm not so sure what I should do at the minute about the vet. I can't really get him there unless I wait for somebody to get home...which would be my boyfriend's dad, and I have no idea when he'll be back. Yoshi is eating some grass now as I've placed the bowl in front of him and I've been giving him his recovery food as well. You think I should still leave him at the vet for the day, or should we just bring him in tonight to have a check over and maybe some more injections if necessary? I'm feeling a bit tender about leaving him at the vets :/ but I'll do whatever is best for the little guy.

i've just gone and checked on biscuit, who often sits like that and it does look like Yoshi is keeping his back end off the ground a little as the top of his leg bones are showing quite a bit.

Maybe just call the vet and ask a few questions to see what they think? Just express your concern - it sounds like they've been quite good so far.

I'm going to wait until somebody shows up who can get me to the vet. Once I have a way, then I'll call and see if we can bring him and have him stay in for a few hours. Poor little guy. By the way, he REALLY hates that brush if you let him sniff it - he legit LUNGED for it >.> despises it

Last edited:
Back