• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ileus/Stasis HELP!

NEW PICTURES! Just thought you all might like to see how little Yoshi is getting on :D
CIMG4359Copy.jpg

CIMG4360Copy.jpg

CIMG4361Copy.jpg

CIMG4362Copy.jpg

He's got big ears!!! Love them though. That day he flopped on the bed like three times - it was so cute!!! I HAD to get pictures. What a pest though, peed on the bed like three times since we've had him!

He's got big ears!!! Love them though. That day he flopped on the bed like three times - it was so cute!!! I HAD to get pictures. What a pest though, peed on the bed like three times since we've had him!

Biccy was just like that until he got a bit older, but on the sofa. It became a no-go zone for him, he's fine now though.

How have things been going? Hows the training for the run going?

Gray

He's not doing too badly. He's pretty good with me, I really want to not flinch when he comes near me but sometimes I can't help it. He was just peering over my laptop at me, so cute! He still poops a lot outside the cage as well, but I wonder if that is just a marking thing. I don't think he's trained to use his cage though, we don't really have a litter box or anything. Not sure what to do. We have blocked off what we can so in all he does pretty good and I feel pretty comfortable leaving him for a few minutes at a time alone in the room. Right now I'm doing my best to let him sniff at me an such without moving. It's my toes that freak me out the most - don't want them being bit! He's been doing so much better as well with letting me pet him. He won't always sit still, but he doesn't really try to turn around and then start licking himself when I do it so that's good I guess. I'm seeing progress with me. Think he's getting used to being around me.

I totally mistook what you meant about training for the run by the way. I thought you meant Yoshi's run, like his little area. LMFAO. Training is going well, got myself a new pair of shoes for £75, they were meant to be more but we got a deal on them. They would be way cheaper at home though, but I'm not there so I had to fork out some big ones :( One month left until the race!

Glad its all working out for you - keep up the hard training!

I refuse to spend more than £20 on trainers, i just destory them :lol: I guess yorus are proper running shoes though.

Hope you have a good weekend :)

Hiya:wave:

I just had to post after reading all 17 pages of this thread lol!!! Wow what a thread and what a story!!

If you are still looking for treats look on the hay experts website. I bought my bun a sample box with 6 different treat hays in and a burns meadow mix i think it was which he would eat the entire contents in 1 go if i let him!!!

I also got my bun from a pet shop who said bugsy is a lop and something else mix which i think is english spot cos of his markings. My bun looks a lot like Yoshi markings-wise. Bugsy is white with brown ears and brown round his eyes, and he has 3 tiny spots of brown down his spine too. I noticed that your bun also had different colouring around eyes and ears.

I dont know how you will bear to leave him behind when you move back to USA, especially after all the hard work and loving care you have put into him. Perhaps you dont know it yet but your stuck here now LOL:lol:

Anyways, Im off now to read the 2 links peeps have posted in this thread. they sound v interesting.

bye 4 now

Vicki & Bugsy

Vicki - did your bunny just go through some stasis as well? I was reading that you had to give him Fibreplex...we had to give Yoshi that and it was the worst! It was so thick it just all came out at once and it was all over his face...he was an absolute mess! You should post some pictures of your bun in this thread, I would like to see him! I don't know how we will leave him either...unfortunately, stateside is where I belong, and I REALLY don't know if we can subject Yoshi to a plane ride. I know there are some airplanes which allow a rabbit onboard the cabin. We'll see. I will be going home after Christmas but my boyfriend will still be in the UK for about another year or so.

Hey,

Im not sure what has been wrong with him exactly, hes had a noisy tummy and still does, and when im holding him on my knee i can really hear it and sometimes he scrunches his face up and his mouth starts going as well!!!

At the same time hes still playfull and eating, drinking and toileting. So my OH says hes fine and im overreacting. The fibreplex didnt change anything but he really liked it and chewed the nozzle everytime you offered it to him LOL.X

Maybe it's gas? I don't know a lot about bunny ailments, but have you been feeding him a lot of new different things? Is he a new bunny as well? If you've been feeding him lots of different vegetables and fruits and stuff, he might just not be ready for it. I hear that you have to normally slowly introduce them to things. If that is the case, I would suggest like giving him only one new food per week and slowly increase the amount you give him. Actually, I would try to read about it somewhere online because what I'm telling you is what I sort of remember from the internet. :D

Back