• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If the animal laws could be changed,

Realistically, in this world a prison sentence is just not possible for animal crimes due to the system already being over crowded with criminals. Lets face it, a life sentence doesn't even mean life anymore and yet there are plenty of murders etc that should be taken off our streets for the whole of their lives to protect us but the system is just unable to do this anymore:( :(

A fine is just to easy for them and does not show the damage they have done not only to the animal but also to the owner and families of the owner along with the anger, hurt, heartbreak and torment that they go through knowing what their pet endured during such horrid attacks:cry: :cry:

I watched a documentary once about kids who torture and eventually kill animals and it showed that these kids had a high percentage of going on to harm and kill humans. In cases where the animal has been extremely tortured to death I would impose a long community sentence working in a variety of places such as ie: the county morgues seeing post mortems, attending victim support groups to see how the families are affected by a variety of crimes, attending visits to other cruelty cases along side an rspca inspector and in cases where the animal has been killed then that offender should be made to inform the owner themselves so show them the damage they have done. When I say a long community sentence I mean long as in 3 - 5 years of their life putting back into the community of say an hour to two hours per day for that sentence span:D

Last week a guy on our central news had got away with a fine of £1500 I think it was for dumping toxic waste on grounds belonging to charities. It was going to cost the one charity £10,000 poounds to clear it which they just haven't got and it will take years to get it cleared. His sentence was ridiculous to me, if I had been the judge I would of made the basketcase clean it up all by himself, even if it took him 10 years to do I would of made him clear it as well as impose alot hefty fine than what he got:censored:

I also feel that the victims should also have a say in the person who has committed the crimes sentence rather than it be left to one person to judge what is deemed a suitable punishment:roll:

In the case of the animal not being treated properly due to poor advise upon purchase then the owner should be given x amount of time to correct things before the animal is taken away and if it can be proved that they acquired the wrong information from the place of purchase then the owner of the said pet shop or breeder should be made to do an animal management course pacific to the animal that they gave wrong advise about as well but, if this is not the first offence by the said pet shop or breeder (despite doing a course and still dishing the wrong advice) then they should have their pet license revoked so they are unable to sell livestock to the public for a minimum of 5 years :)

In the case of ignorant owner then a education course to see if that rectifies things but if not then the animal be taken away from them and a ban from owning any animal for x amount of years:D

I think laws are too soft and it's too easy to get away with awful crimes. I don't know if these people can be educated, I'm not sure they are capable of understanding basically because they just don't care.

Ship them to an island that doesn't have any animals... and leave them there!

A neighbour of my sisters starved 4 rabbits and a dog :cry: rspca were called but by that time the 4 buns had been chucked away with the rubbish and the dog buried :cry: .
When the RSPCA did got there the foul mouthed :censored: woman came screaming at the officer, the officer left and nothing was ever done to that woman that starved her animals..

I also know of another woman that moved house and left her dog to die in her house :cry: nothing happened to her either !

If I had my way I think they should plaster the evils scum bags face all over the local papers . I also think prison for people that abuse animals, proper sentences not just 1 week in prison.

I know one thing if I caught someone doing terrible things to animals I wouldn't be able to walk away, I'd kick the living day lights out of them :evil:

Back