• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If one of a bonded pair passes away.. do you

All the buns I have lost have been pts at the vets and never brought home for remaining buns to say godbye :oops: Luckily they have never shown signs of distress, never stopped eating just seemed a little quiet. When Ruby was on her own after losing Joe she wanted more attention from me but I felt as she lives outside she needed comanionship 24/7 so I found Bill for her.

It was so sad that you lost Treacle. Sounds as though Sophie is at least starting to accept your little Dutchie. Hope the bonding goes well.

I've had to do this today. Monty passed away quite suddenly at the vets this afternoon and we brought him home and laid him out so Daisy could understand what had happened to him. It was heartbreaking watching her examine and sniff every inch of him but I feel that we did the right thing.

Charlie did not see Mable, because I just couldn't cope with being around her body a second longer than I had to, I was inconsolable.

Charlie spent about a week after she died looking for her. He'd only sit in her fave places. He didn't get ill, but it was obvious he was confused :(

I've had to do this today. Monty passed away quite suddenly at the vets this afternoon and we brought him home and laid him out so Daisy could understand what had happened to him. It was heartbreaking watching her examine and sniff every inch of him but I feel that we did the right thing.

:(
So sorry for your loss

Back