• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Idiots at the Vet's Surgery

Fortunately, my vet only treats cats and rabbits so we don't have to put up with dogs in the waiting room. But I've had the 'ooh look Rover, dinner' comments at my old vets. I just give them 'the look' and they generally get the hint.

And when I took Marge in to be PTS, there was a little boy in with his mum and he kept saying really loudly 'Why's she crying about that ugly fat rabbit?' and his mum just said 'Some people cry about silly things' :evil: I always feel I get stared at if I'm crying.

WHAT???!!!!! HOW RUDE!!!!:censored:
I cannot believe that! I think I would have said something about her telling her ugly fat kid to shut up!

My vets pretty good, its not normally busy when i go, though. One time i had to wait for ages and the waiting room was full of dogs & cats. There were 3 dogs. One which was a puppy. They came and sat my me. I always put the carrier on my lap if there is anyone else on the waiting room.

So... the puppys owner... wasnt much older than me id say about 19, was complaining about waiting. She was letting her puppy jump up on my lap. Now im not scared of dogs, (can u imagine if i was?? :shock:) but my rabbits are. :evil: I gave her an evil look and she went, 'ahh she's alright, wont hurt a fly.' Luckly, i was called in next.

Oh i got an evil look off the owner.... even though i had been waiting longer!!! :evil:

I haven't had anything happen to my own animals like that at the vets. If any dogs get too close I lift the carrier up to my chest and hold them that way. Usually gets them out of harms way.

I do that too. Mostly hold them like this if there are others in the waiting room. It stops people seeing in as well! I hate my pets being stared at and poked! :censored:

It all comes down to the lack of respect, affection and understanding a lot of people have for rabbits - grrr!

I told her that the rabbits would be in a bad mood when I got home as they hate the vets, and she said 'ooo, can they do that?'

... I thought 'can they do what? Be unhappy? I think most animals can manage that!' Should have said it :roll:

The best one is the dog owners that bring their dogs right over and make some clever remark about dinner :roll: or worse take the leads off! ******* idiots

I like taking my rats to the vets everyone just stays away from me :lol:

WHAT???!!!!! HOW RUDE!!!!:censored:
I cannot believe that! I think I would have said something about her telling her ugly fat kid to shut up!

I would probably have said something if I hadn't been too busy wibbling and crying. :oops: The little boy didn't say it in a spiteful way, he just obviously wasn't very taken with Marge and her dribble issues... but I did wish the mum would have told him to mind his manners or something rather than just pretty much agreeing. I get quite anxious about going out anywhere on my own so a trip to the vets on my own to get a bunny pts is pretty nerve wracking for me and that throw away comment just made it so much harder. I must have looked a right state when I left. :shock::oops:

On the other hand though, I have met some really nice people waiting at the vets too. I find of someone else comes in with a rabbit then they'll normally start up a conversation and coo over whatever bunny I've taken in and I always think that's quite nice. :)

Back