• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I would like everyone to meet....our new addition...sad update 3rd April

I went to pick River up last night and it didn't seem like she had recovered fully from the anaesthetic and wasn't eating or pooing. I was a bit shocked that the vet was happy to send her home in that state (not my normal vet, he had already left before I got there) - so made a bit of a fuss and they agreed to keep her overnight and monitor her today (although still at a charge :roll:).

So I am supposed to ring later on to see if she is ready to come home and arrange to pick her up later on. Not particularly impressed with the new vet they have. I knew Mark was doing the operation but didn't realise it would be the new vet discharging River.

Sorry not updated for a few days, been busy here.

River came home on Thursday evening and is now pretty much 100% back to normal. She was fussy eating for a few days and only really eating grass, carrot tops and a few pellets but now she is back to greedy missus!!

Sorry not updated for a few days, been busy here.

River came home on Thursday evening and is now pretty much 100% back to normal. She was fussy eating for a few days and only really eating grass, carrot tops and a few pellets but now she is back to greedy missus!!
Excellent news [emoji4]

River has recovered really well from her spay and was vaccinated on Friday too. No more vets for this lovely lady for a long while hopefully!!

I had a very sad update from the lady that rescued her, her two brothers (or maybe sons we are not sure) who found rescue spaces have both gone to the bridge :cry:

River seems absolutely fine and the vets have said she is very healthy and happy but I am a bit concerned now I've heard that there might have been something genetically wrong with them to make them pass away like that :(

How sad but glad River is better. If River has recovered from a spay and a GA, she doesn't seem to have what the males had, as a GA could have resulted in any number of problems. If they were her sons then the weakness could have come from the father.

glad she has recovered well, sad to hear about the boys :cry: did the rescue say if they showed any symptoms before passing?

River is fortunate that you insisted the vet monitor her overnight after the spay, even though it added to your expenses. I am glad she is now recovered, and sad her two friends did not have a positive result.

Back