• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want to build this >

Is it for indoors or outdoors?

Indoors would be fine with plywood and a small timber frame, if for outdoors then i would say cladding instead of plywood however you can use plywood outside as long as you treat it.

I have a small hideaway made out of plywood that is currently inside the hutch, but will soon be replaced with a bigger, easier to clean one. Would I be able to put the old one out in the run if I treated it with something? And what would be safe to chew?

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly :oops: your design looks brilliant - more than I could manage for sure!

EDIT: ooh ok I posted too eagerly - this question has already been answered! Sorry! :lol:

Last edited:
I have a small hideaway made out of plywood that is currently inside the hutch, but will soon be replaced with a bigger, easier to clean one. Would I be able to put the old one out in the run if I treated it with something? And what would be safe to chew?

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly :oops: your design looks brilliant - more than I could manage for sure!

EDIT: ooh ok I posted too eagerly - this question has already been answered! Sorry! :lol:

lol thank you no worries ^_^

the one I am making will have hinges so I can open it up and clean ^_^

I love your idea.....might even pinch it for the garden......!

Ive made wooden tunnels for the garden, and for Hopper Haven, out of marine ply with a roofing lath framework. I don't put a floor in mine as they're for outdoors, but indoors I would just in case they decide to pee.

Indoor you wouldn't need marine grade ply, just a light grade ply (which would be lighter for moving around, and easier to cut).

Was you going to paint it too?

I need to make more for the Hopper Haven bunnies, but we've ran out of wood :-(

Why, what wood do they chew?
You can use any Redwood Timber and or Plywood Red Faced.

wouldnt they chew plywood

plywood is chips of wood compacted together and so isnt very strong and can be chewed.

MDF is compacted sawdust so again very chewable

>_< dont want an expensive wood but dont want one they will destroy either lol

wouldnt they chew plywood

plywood is chips of wood compacted together and so isnt very strong and can be chewed.

MDF is compacted sawdust so again very chewable

>_< dont want an expensive wood but dont want one they will destroy either lol

They could chew plywood but plywood is not chips of wood that’s chipboard. Plywood is wood veneer glued together at different angles to create a solid sheet. The thicker the plywood the stronger it is, also different type are stronger. Red Face Plywood is stronger that what the likes of B&Q and Wickes sell.

MDF is harmful if chewed and is very unsafe even to us, the dust is the problem.

They could chew plywood but plywood is not chips of wood that’s chipboard. Plywood is wood veneer glued together at different angles to create a solid sheet. The thicker the plywood the stronger it is, also different type are stronger. Red Face Plywood is stronger that what the likes of B&Q and Wickes sell.

MDF is harmful if chewed and is very unsafe even to us, the dust is the problem.

I was never going to use mdf as i knew it wasnt good but it ws suggested to me by someone lol

ah well the guy I asked at b&q told me plywood was chips of wood lol >_< thank you for letting me know lol

is read face plywood expensive?

If you're worried about them chewing it you can buy metal bits that go over the corners of the wood. I can't remember what they're called though. :?

Back