• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a dutchie!

I'm not trying to be nasty at all, I'm just stating facts.AND stating what a lot of people are probably thinking.

All throughout the Burgess competition, everywhere, you have stated you cannot afford Mischief's ongoing dental operations. So need the prize money for them?

How can you afford ANOTHER bunny, if you can't keep up with Mischief's bills?

You don't know that another bunny might also have dental problems, then you'll have TWO dental buns, when you can't even afford ONE.

I would suggest, as a self defence move, more than anything else, that you DON'T get any more bunnies until you have a proper job, so that you can pay for all vet bills without borrowing money from your parents. That is even if they would let you have another bunny. :-\

I'm not trying to be nasty at all, I'm just stating facts.AND stating what a lot of people are probably thinking.

All throughout the Burgess competition, everywhere, you have stated you cannot afford Mischief's ongoing dental operations. So need the prize money for them?

You don't know that another bunny might also have dental problems, then you'll have TWO dental buns, when you can't even afford ONE.

I would suggest, as a self defence move, more than anything else, that you DON'T get any more bunnies until you have a proper job, so that you can pay for all vet bills without borrowing money from your parents. That is even if they would let you have another bunny. :-\

excuse me? Why do you think i said i wouldn't get another until I can afford one?!!
you are out of order,it's nothing to do with you, if I win the burgess comp, the money WILL go on mischief's vet bills. I said earlier in this thread, if I got another rabbit wouldn't be until next year if ever... Saying I want is different to 'i'm getting'

ETA: I always put my rabbits first, I may only be 15 but I know that taking on a rabbit is a big responsibility so would only do so when I was stable to. :wave:

Last edited:
My comment was not out of order, you have simply taken a disliking to me since you found out that I wanted Mabel to win the Burgess Comp. So every post I have made since, you have claimed that I am attacking you! If it has not been in your favour.

My comment was not out of order, you have simply taken a disliking to me since you found out that I wanted Mabel to win the Burgess Comp. So every post I have made since, you have claimed that I am attacking you! If it has not been in your favour.

I have pm'd you. :) I haven't taken a dislike to you, I just thought one post sounded a bit harsh to other entrants. I love mabel and will be really pleased for lisa if she wins. :) I said it's out of order because you are saying what I can't afford when you don't know me when actually when I have a job I will be able to afford them.

This was my post:
Thanks, yeah if I were to get one, it would be next year when I hopefully have a saturday job and more money. I have the space for a trio, a quad even but I can't afford another right now. :(

Sorry you think I don't like you. :( I don't dislike anyone on the forum! x

Last edited:
I am in the process of replying to your pm. Please give me time, all will be explained in my pm.

I will state here though, that I apologise for my post coming across as rude & negative. I am also explaining about that in my pm, and will post publicly on the forum afterwards.

If you'd of read all the thread you'd of seen I already mentioned dental bills and she said she wouldn't get more until they'd cleared. She said she *wants* another dutch not that she's off out tommorow to go buy one. Fair enough ask about it but you could of put the post across a bit nicer especially when she hasn't said she's actually going to get a rabbit before she's paid her parents back

Hope you're ok Emma :) When are the competition results announced?

Bringing it right back...I've got a MASSIVE soft spot for Dutchies. Both Jasmine and Schumi were agouti-dutch and just so lovely.

One day Emma, your little dutch will find its way to you. xx

Of course its not bad of you to want more dutch rabbits! it doesnt mean your replacing them at all! :)

How rude & patronizing.:shock: :? I think if you take the time to read the threads properly you'd realise how totally wrong & unnecessary your post is!!

I am in the process of replying to your pm. Please give me time, all will be explained in my pm.

I will state here though, that I apologise for my post coming across as rude & negative. I am also explaining about that in my pm, and will post publicly on the forum afterwards.

thank you for apologizing and I'm sorry too if I've come across rude to you.

Hope you're ok Emma :) When are the competition results announced?

Thanks I'm ok. It's been announced on facebook who the top 3 are and Mischief is one of them. :D The three have to have a health check by the vet though and a certificate to prove that they're healthy so would be ok to go to the photoshoot. :) Mischief's booked in tonight for a check up. I hope his dental problems wont be a problem, he's not due one until a few months and I can't see how teeth would effect some photos, he's not in pain. :)

I think the reason they want to know they are healthy is so that they don't announce that one bun has won and then it turns out they aren't healthy enough for the photo shoot and they have to say "sorry someone else is going to win now". So if the person with the most votes doesn't have a healthy rabbit and 2nd place does then 2nd will win the comp, if not them then 3rd will. :)

Thanks I'm ok. It's been announced on facebook who the top 3 are and Mischief is one of them. :D The three have to have a health check by the vet though and a certificate to prove that they're healthy so would be ok to go to the photoshoot. :) Mischief's booked in tonight for a check up. I hope his dental problems wont be a problem, he's not due one until a few months and I can't see how teeth would effect some photos, he's not in pain. :)

I think the reason they want to know they are healthy is so that they don't announce that one bun has won and then it turns out they aren't healthy enough for the photo shoot and they have to say "sorry someone else is going to win now". So if the person with the most votes doesn't have a healthy rabbit and 2nd place does then 2nd will win the comp, if not them then 3rd will. :)

Brilliant news :D
I hope they're not a problem, I personally wouldn't class a rabbit with regularly occuring dental spurrs as 'unhealthy', and when they crop up you get them sorted straight away plus you're right he's not in pain he's a perfectly happy little bun and nothing would be visible in pictures anyway

Back