• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a big, huge rabbit!!!

I am jealous!! Won't you end up wanting to keep them? I think I certainly would :shock: xxx

Yes, but I have no room to keep them permanently. As it is, they will be in a smaller cage than what is usually recommend (we are aiming for 6ft, however they won't get any freerange) but as it is only temporary it should be ok. The main thing is helping the rescue out, and giving these buns some one-on-one care. The buns that come in, go out fairly quickly so none are ever there for too long.

I'd love a french lop but I'm not sure how you'd go about picking one up.... especially if he/she didn't like being handled. :shock: I'm too used to teeny weeny bunnies that you can fit in your hands. :oops: :lol:

I'd love a french lop but I'm not sure how you'd go about picking one up.... especially if he/she didn't like being handled.

you don't :lol:

the breeder we got Eli from was a horrible lady, kept him in a tiny indoor cage (outside!) and every time she got him out she lifted him out of the hole in the top by his scruff.:shock: as a result he absolutely hates being picked up.
He's got better since he came to me and likes being stroked/will let you clip his nails with ease, etc but if you try to pick him up he kicks and kicks and kicks. He's ripped several of my tee shirts and made me bleed before now!

I've tried holding him with his legs away from me but it's scarier for him I think, so now I just lure him in to a carrier if he needs taking to the vet or anything.

Spenser was described as 'enormous' by a visitor yesterday. Surely not - he's around 3kg, which I'd have thought was more medium sized? :?

Spenser was described as 'enormous' by a visitor yesterday. Surely not - he's around 3kg, which I'd have thought was more medium sized? :?

Yeah, I wouldn't say 3kg was enormous - poor boy will get a complex. :lol: I think sometimes people just aren't used to seeing many grown up bunnies; a lot of people just see the tiny baby ones in pet shops and don't realise that they grow. :lol:

I will join you in wanting a big rabbit a fresh lop would be lovely, but I would not be able to lift the carry case to take him/her to the vets. It does not stop you looking and wanting though does it.

erm I have 4 french lops and 2 conti giant babies .But erm they are already the size of my frenchie ...I think they have been dipped in grow more .

They have great personaltys I love them to bits .But i must admit its not fun sitting on the loo with a conti trying to hop on your knee.

erm I have 4 french lops and 2 conti giant babies .But erm they are already the size of my frenchie ...I think they have been dipped in grow more .

They have great personaltys I love them to bits .But i must admit its not fun sitting on the loo with a conti trying to hop on your knee.

Aww! Can i see pics of your Conti babies? :wave:I have one of their brothers :D

A great big massive one to bond with Benson and Lola - a French lop or one of those with the great big uppy ears - a continental giant!!!

I won't get one. I don't have the space. But I want one!! :D

Oh, but you have to get one! They go so well with little floppy eared black bunnies! ;):lol:

37490_465345003573_709523573_6448060_7427911_n.jpg

154141_10150133157083574_709523573_8033047_5443958_n.jpg

Back