• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think Sophie is going deaf?

Oh bless her, maybe her ears were a little blocked ? or yes maybe just ignoring you :lol:
Yeah, that's definitely possible! But maybe her ignoring me is more likely. :lol:

OMG :lol: Sophie that is so rude but adorably rabbity of you. Yes, I think that has to be the conclusion:lol: Have you been particularly demanding of late - daring to talk to them without cause? that kind of thing

I'm pleased her modelling photos turned out so well. I'd be grumpy nobody said how lovely she too. Really good that other rabbit owners will be encouraged to get laser treatment too, so you & Sophie potentially will help other elderly & arthritic bunnies:love:
I'm afraid I have... I talk a lot to them when they're awake, and worse, I've been spending more time in their room with them as I've had a bit more energy lately. How dare I, really... So presumptuous. :oops:

Thank you. I do hope more arthritic bunnies will get laser treatment because of Sophie's modelling skills! The laser treatment is what has gotten her through this winter. She was miserable when it started to get colder, so it really has done her a lot of good. :love:

I'm glad you agree.

Oh, that's so nice of you to ask. They never sent me the photos, they must've forgotten, but I saw them on their social media and they were really great. Sophie is clearly a professional super model. I was disappointed that nobody commented on how cute she was!

I must have missed the post about Sophie modelling. I would have been disappointed if no one commented on the photos, too. Your photos of the bunnies are always brilliant though, you could be a professional pet photographer imo :wave:

I must have missed the post about Sophie modelling. I would have been disappointed if no one commented on the photos, too. Your photos of the bunnies are always brilliant though, you could be a professional pet photographer imo :wave:
That's okay! They took photos of her at the vets while she was getting her laser treatment, so they could promote laser treatment on their social media. They were really cute photos! :love: They even wrote a little thing about who Sophie is and how Casper always comes with her for company. That's so incredibly nice of you to say that I could be a professional pet photographer, aww. I really appreciate that. I guess I'd have to get a better camera than just my phone. :lol:

That's okay! They took photos of her at the vets while she was getting her laser treatment, so they could promote laser treatment on their social media. They were really cute photos! :love: They even wrote a little thing about who Sophie is and how Casper always comes with her for company. That's so incredibly nice of you to say that I could be a professional pet photographer, aww. I really appreciate that. I guess I'd have to get a better camera than just my phone. :lol:

Ah bless her, I bet she was the perfect model :love: your phone must have a really good camera:thumb:

Something really weird happened earlier. I was about to step into Casper and Sophie's room, and Sophie was resting on her memory foam bed, moving from sitting to lying down, and she was looking at me really warily and suspiciously, and continued to lie down really, really slowly, as if she was afraid and didn't want to be noticed, so I went over to reassure her and she almost bit me until she realised who I was. She actually had her teeth already on my hand before she stopped. That can't have anything to do with her hearing, can it? :? I'm really puzzled. It was so unlike her usual relaxed, friendly self.

that is weird. How upsetting. I can't really think of any explanations . Could you smell different ...new shower gel or something? I hope she's been ok since?

Oh, that's a good thought, but, no, I always get the same things, so nothing's changed. And she'd been fine with me all day until then. So, I don't know... She's okay now, though, yes, thank you. I just went over to give her a treat and she seemed fine, thankfully.

Is her eyesight okay? Penelope did that accidentally a few times if frightened

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Oh, I see... I wonder how I could test her sight, then. Do you (or anyone else) have any ideas?
My vet did it, used a light thingy and watched if the pupils? Maybe? If they dilated or not. They didn't moved much at first, he said she still had some sight then but later on not at all and he was convinced she was blind. Idk how you'd do it at home tho! I think that's what was happening anyway [emoji38]

My vet did it, used a light thingy and watched if the pupils? Maybe? If they dilated or not. They didn't moved much at first, he said she still had some sight then but later on not at all and he was convinced she was blind. Idk how you'd do it at home tho! I think that's what was happening anyway [emoji38]

Ah, thanks for explaining! I'll leave it to the vet, then! I'll ask if they'll check her sight when she gets her vaccination next week.

Just wanted to mention that Sophie had her ears checked and they were all clean! She hasn't had any problems hearing again, either, except her still not reacting to her name or the treat noise. She really must simply be ignoring me. :lol:

Back