• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Think Norman Has Cancer-U/D-X-RAY DONE

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry to hear about Norman being poorly. I know you'll worry all night no matter what anyone says but we'll all be thinking of you.

Many vibes and hugs to you and your little bunny xxxx

Norman is going in for his GA and Chest x-ray this morning. Both Christobel and Tim will be working on him. We all hope so very much that Norman will survive the GA and that, by some miracle, no mass is revealed.

Norman is so happy and lively at the moment, although still breathing VERY fast and losing weight. Letting him go whilst he does not appear to be 'ill' will be SO HARD TO DO :cry: :cry:

Janex

When Tim examined Norm' this morning he detected a heart dysrhythmia :cry: So he is going to attempt to do the x-ray with Norman concious as Tim does not think he will survive a GA. Tim will call me in an hour or so.......

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Tim has just called. Norman has an abnormal airway pattern in his lungs which might be inflammation. Tim could not see any obvious masses but was not able to get a good view of the top bit of Norm's heart as the X-ray was done without GA. So Tim says it is not possible to totally exclude a small tumour. He also said that Norm's lungs had a bit of fluid in them but there was none in the chest cavity or abdomen. His heart was of normal size.

So, Norman is to stay on the antibiotics and Panacur and will also be on a diuretic to shift the fluid. We dont know why this has happened but the options are:

1-Inflammation secondary to infection or allergy

2-Inflammation secondary to damage to the heart and lungs from EC

3- A cancer which was not visible on the concious x-ray and to get better views a GA would be needed........

Norm' will be reviewed on Monday. The prognosis is still very guarded but for now I can BRING HIM HOME :D

Janex

Back