• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I’m going to separate Roger

Livvie

Young Bun
Roger will be 8 yrs old this month and the other bunnies bully him so much that he doesn’t want to go in at night time anymore [emoji22] I’m hoping since Barney is nearly done with Panacur that I can do a swap with Roger (if Barney behaves himself - he’s a real psycho at the moment! Honestly wonder if he’s got EC in his brain).

So then I will have Barney, Wanda, Loki, and Thor together. Odin will still be separate as he’s difficult, and Roger being the old boy can maybe spend his remaining years (?) in the house with me.

Unless I try just adding Barney to the group first which may shake things up a bit and change the dynamic / stop the twins (Thor&Loki) picking on Roger?

I feel so bad for Roger now. I don’t think he ever properly bonded with the other boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you can figure out something to suit everybun!

Thank you!

I think i may update this thread as i go. Who knows, could be useful to someone else in a similar situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My buck Snowflake was badly bullied by his brother Frosty and now lives indoors next to his new wife Dusty. They fell out recently, probably because Snowflake has snuffles ... Hoping to rebond at some point.

Will be following this thread with interest.

Okay so Barney is almost done with Panacur. I’m still unsure whether to throw him in the mix and leave Roger in there too, or to take Roger out when I put Barnes in.

And then there’s Odin.. He’s food aggressive so he lives on his own. He loves people though. He was bonded to Barnacle but then B got ill, we think because of Odin’s bullying towards him. It’s hard when you see them being friends, grooming, sleeping on top of each other etc. And then the next minute Odin is chasing mr Barnes and nipping his back.

I could always try Roger with Odin but its a risk, i really don’t think their personalities will go together. They both love a good squabble :/

Honestly if anyone is thinking of getting a Belgian hare, seriously consider having two from the same litter. They are so different to normal bunnies behaviour wise and very headstrong!

I will update as I go, I’m sure it’ll be … interesting.
Barnana is getting grumpier by the day, he’s started attacking people. I really hope the Panacur treats what i think is caused by the EC. He’s gunna be hard to bond like this.

(ughh bunny bonding, gotta be the most stressful part of keeping these animals)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back