• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I regret getting pet shop buns...

Don't feel bad that you didn't get rescue buns, if you hadn't got them you would not have found this place and found out all about the buns in rescue, I'm sure if you were ever to get more you would now get rescue.

Lionel my first bun was from a 'pet centre' but if i had never got him I would not be in the position I m in now having adopted 8 of my own and currently have 6 fosters, also doing all the fundraising and making people aware of the cause :)

Slightly OT - but related.

Looking at the posts on this thread, many are saying that, although they are delighted with the wonderful buns they got from pet shops and breeders, they would have got rescue buns if they had known about them.

Do all vets have posters for local rescues? I know ours does. Do all local libraries get posters? I know mine does not - but will shortly! I am just wondering whether all of the places that could have posters have already got them - like free notice boards in supermarkets? Schools maybe - children must be one of the major pressures for buns, but don't understand the commitment required.

We are relatively new to buns so I don't know and just thought that it might be a way to help rescues attract people who would otherwise go to pet shops. This might just cut down the breeding, ease the pressures on rescues and get some buns into good homes. Of course, it would not eliminate the people who would refuse home checks and just buy buns anyway.

I am sure that the rescues are very good at doing this so it is in no way a criticism. I just have not seen many posters - although I have distributed a few.

I've seen nothing about rescues apart from on here. But that's not just for buns, that's any animal rescues.

I sometimes feel like this :(
although, i do think stew was sent to us for a reason. due to her spinal problem (my own vet wanted to pts before he knew what was wrong :evil:)
and some people may have gone along with that but we thanks to the help we had on here fought for her and now i'm so glad we did :love:
I just wish i could help more bunnies, i'd have lots if i could

oops i just read back what i wrote :oops: it was rushed at work.. what i meant wasnt i regret my pair, i love them more than the world... but i do really regret falling for the rabbit species as i know i will never be rabbitless.

i just almost had a panic attack to come home because im yet again convinced something iffy is going on with alvin when hes acting totally normally, my mom came over with me to make sure he was ok :oops:

I knew what you meant. Rabbits are such hard work, and are so difficult to understand at time (illness wise). I would never be without bunnies either, but my heart probably could, as the heartache involved is horrific. But then, i just remember the good times and smile.

:roll: I've been very naughty with my buns :oops:
Rory - Pet shop bun, best £18 i've ever spent. I've never fallen so head over heels with somebun before

Hazel, Bolt & Misty - all from the same breeder :oops:

Muffin - Unwanted litter advertised in the local paper :oops:

Chunks and Luna - Siblings; son and daughter (and sister) of my late Snowbelle, father to all 3 was Mr Frank Lampard and mother to Snowbelle was Princess Bol:censored:lox :oops: Frank and Princess were our my OH's first 2 buns (before I moved in and took over :roll:) who were left in a 10ft x 4ft hutch at the bottom of our garden :roll:

Chunks, khan and gamst inspired me to learn about these amazing things :love:

I'm currently looking for an older wifey for Rory (If anyone has somebun in mind, let me know ;) ) I am planning to rescue a small doe for him
:love:

Back