• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: i REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON THESE TWO ...UPDATE POST41

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP TRYING TRYING FOR A HOME FOR THESE TWO .. WHILE THEY ARE HERE THEY ARE WELL LOOKED AFTER AND HAVE 24/7 ACCESS TO THEIR RUN ...BUT THEY SOOOO NEED A NEW MUMMY AND DADDY . I have so little time to spend with the rescue buns they just arnt getting the love and attention they deserve .

They have already been with us well over a year ...and they have had no serious enquries at all ..I find that realy realy sad .

No they arent babies ...but neither are they what i would class as very old buns either...they have such a lot to offer and other than Ferns teeth they are lovely healthy bunnies .
Ferns dental problems mean that she will need a dental approx every 3 months . ... thats between £60 and £120 a time depending on vets prices ..at ours its around £70 .
I do understand this is a big commitment to make...but can you look at that face and say she isnt worth it?

FERN

2011_0420april20110016.jpg

2011_0420april20110015.jpg

2011_0420april20110014.jpg

SOOTY

2011_0420april20110017.jpg

2011_0420april20110018.jpg

2011_0420april20110019.jpg

Aw bless them :( Hope they find a home soon

Is Fern agouti? In some of the pictures she looks more grey and in others more brown. :?

If we had the space to home them we really would Angie... they do look like little beauties and it is a shame nobody wants them :(

You certainly know how to tug at the heartstrings:(

My finances have improved, but sadly not enough to take on another two buns at the moment. It's not just the money with a dental bun - it's the stress of leaving them at the vet. I am totally useless at work when I have somebun having an op.

I so hope someone has the time, space and money to take on these two.

Oh no the dental thing must make it so much harder to rehome these two! I for one am struggling with my money with 2 healthy buns! :(

Oh no the dental thing must make it so much harder to rehome these two! I for one am struggling with my money with 2 healthy buns! :(

Dental bunnies are always harder to home .. :(:(

but unlike some rescues we do not put to sleep just because they are hard to home bunnies .they derserve a chance just like asny others .

Dental bunnies are always harder to home .. :(:(

but unlike some rescues we do not put to sleep just because they are hard to home bunnies .they derserve a chance just like asny others .

Rescues put dental bunnies to sleep? :shock: :shock: I'd love them as they match my current two in colour :lol: Money is so tight these days as well...:(

Rescues put dental bunnies to sleep? :shock: :shock: I'd love them as they match my current two in colour :lol: Money is so tight these days as well...:(

unfortunatly yes ...there are some that do this . :(...and older rabbits too...and rabbits with behaviour problems . :(

we dont put any bun to sleep unless the vet says its cruel to keep them going ...and then we woulf try everything to get it well first before giving up.
It does mean we get bogged down sometimes with hard to home bunnies ...but its not their fault :(

That is so sad. :cry::cry::cry:

They are such beautiful bunnies too. I have always rescued older bunnies. I never cared about their age. I wish I had the space and money too.

The black one reminds me of my Nancy. :love::love::love:

:(

Hello

Hope you twoo get as home soon. I am in tears reading this. I Wish i could have them but we only have the room for our two rabbits (there very cheeky)

loppy said

hope u get homed soon.

love loppy 2 :X

I love these two, I cant believe they havent found a home. Im about to move house so just cannot think about more just now but these would def be top of my list! They are :love:

Ahh I really hope not but if they are I really may have to do some begging to the other half!! :) Although unfort when we move we will have much less space. Two of mine have just had their repeat myxi jabs and on checking teeth the vets says there are slight pointy bits starting to form on the outer edge of one or two teeth which is frustrating when they eat hay all the time! so we shall keep an eye on it. So I guess with Fern it would maybe be checks regularly at first, maybe every month? so you could monitor how soon they needed doing? and then under anesthetic and a trim when required?

Ahh I really hope not but if they are I really may have to do some begging to the other half!! :) Although unfort when we move we will have much less space. Two of mine have just had their repeat myxi jabs and on checking teeth the vets says there are slight pointy bits starting to form on the outer edge of one or two teeth which is frustrating when they eat hay all the time! so we shall keep an eye on it. So I guess with Fern it would maybe be checks regularly at first, maybe every month? so you could monitor how soon they needed doing? and then under anesthetic and a trim when required?

At themoment i would recomend a check around every 2 to 2 1/2 months .
her dentals needed so far have been at 3 month intervals .

2005_0425novend0007.jpg

We have been very very good this year ... especialy since aunty Angie and the Ru forum members got us our new hutch and run .

We eat our hay (well ..at least the posh stuff ;) ) and we eat all our greens like good bunny rabbits :)

We dont bite and we dont scratch .. we do wriggle when picked up ...but aunty Angie says that doesnt matter :)

We have been here for nearly a year and in that time not one single person has come along and considered giving us a home .. we thought it was our colours that put people off ..but Aunty Angie says its our ages and the fact that Fern has needed 2 dentals since arriving .. :(

What we would realy like is a mummy and daddy and a new home all of our own ....

We dont need a mansion ..(but then if we got one im sure we would enjoy it ;) )...just a hutch with attached run would do fine .. anything above that would be a bonus .:)

love
Sooty and Fern

2005_0425novend0010.jpg

2005_0425novend0008.jpg

2005_0425novend0009.jpg

2005_0425novend0012.jpg

:love: if only i was rich and lived in a mansion....

Oh Angie how sad! :(

I spent ages talking to these two at the Open Day - the longer I spent with them the more they responded and looked into my eyes. They are beautiful bunnies with eyes that just melt you through. Sending tons of rehoming vibes...... xxx

Back