• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i recommend NOT bonding thru stress...at all.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Merlin and phoebe seemed to bond very very welll...just the odd teeny scuffle like i had when merlin bonded himself to bertie just after salem kitty dropped dead and bif bunnykins died.

we had to stay at my mums..our ceiling collapsed and were here from sun night to thursday night....took me hours to ferry all our stuff home across the green.

we had a babys travel cot and we decided the next day there wed bond phoebe and merlin..lily had decided shed kill all other buns! Like i said it seemed ok..then cos nikki had injured her foot again we slept in our lounge for about a month...merlin and phobe were paired living in phoebes dog crate...lily in her cage and the frenchies penned off from the cages.

we got to move back upstairs and into melrins cage..they seemed fine but the take it in turn humping became terrible! Theyd been out running up and down the stairs hall and landing and the upstairs bathroom and nikkis room...a few hrs later they had a bit of a scrap under nikkis bed...about an hour later it was a full on bunfight. seperated them and theyve been apart since.

ive always ried the stressed method...put bunnys in a wheeled buncarrier and walk em round the block etc...but it doesnt suit every bun.

i realise now i was so so wrong to bond merlin n phoebe amid all the stress at my mums..then the change in living areas again....then in merlins comfort zone but not phoebes.

sadly whever she sees him she gets happy..like a schoolgirl with a crush on a boy giggles and goes swoony.
they dont seem to share agression through the bars...outside in the warm weather and inside when phoebes caged as is lily and melrin has the run round and comes into my room. Its a rota but last few days have been messed up.

merlins a bun who rreally came into his won once bonded with bertie...he still loves him...he comes downstairs and spends time in the hallway against the babay gate that keeps bluebell downstairs.

what do i do..do i try and rebond them..or do i bond phoebe to the frenchies..she put bluebell in her place outside without an actual fight..bluebell was shocked!! bertie loves phoebe...he managed to wash one side of her face through the bars one day....but bluebells a stocky bully frenchie doe....mmm not ok i think.

What a shame, both about your poor house and your bond.

Personally, I would let the dust settle and try again. They would have to re establish their hierarchy in a new territory and this is why there was a scuffle. If you can, wait till you are back home before starting to bond them again. If that's not possible, you need to prepare yourself for another scuffle when you get home.

Hope it all works out for them!

Back